Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

15 Skills You Need For College This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Christine S., Arlington, VA

Transitioning from the comfort of your home and the protection of your family to living essentially on your own can be exciting and confusing, which is why it helps to be prepared. Here are some skills you definitely need for college.

1. How to read and write at grade level. College classes often demand a great deal of reading and writing - even math courses.

2. How to do basic arithmetic without a calculator. Some math and science professors don’t allow calculators on tests and quizzes, so sharpen up this skill now.

3. How to find a book in a library. College papers often require a lot of research, so chances are you’ll be spending time in the library (or at least you should be). Save yourself time by learning the basics of the Dewey Decimal or Library of Congress system.

4. How to study properly for a test.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
JanelleMunoz24
If you want to buy a car, you would have to get the personal loans. Furthermore, my brother usually uses a student loan, which occurs to be really fast.
Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM • Report
ALFREDAArnold30
All people deserve very good life and loans or student loan can make it much better. Just because freedom relies on money state.
Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM • Report
Close