Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Perfect Stranger    (Continued)

Page 2 of 3

When we parted, as we undoubtedly would, he'd hear my ghost whispering to him each time a song came on the radio using 50s progression. I wouldn't hear it, but he would, and I'd haunt him forever.

He should be an artist. In a week, a month, a year, he'll be a shadow of a memory blemishing my once-whole heart, but I'll leave the bigger scar behind. There will be galleries filled with his works, and one day a painting will call to me, beckoning with the crease in its eyes, and there I'll be, oil on canvas, sfumato cleverly hiding me. Down the way I'll find my ears, my mouth, but one – just one – will wear my expression, without anything else of mine, as if to say: “Here, I've found another just like you.” But I won't remember him, and at the close, I'll politely ask the name of the artist and nod thoughtfully, the first name already vanished and the last name soon following.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

5 comment(s)
luv2write17
I loved the way you wrote this! Perfect and pleasurable!! I loved it!
Jun. 03, 2014 at 9:48 PM • Report
Love_Is_Immortality
I found myself smiling the from the first to last word. I loved it- very well written and I really liked how relatable it was. Congratulations on being printed!
Feb. 04, 2014 at 5:14 PM • Report
KennaWenna
I absolute love.
Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM • Report
Moz1116
This is so perfect. Amazingly written!
Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM • Report
In_Love_with_Writing
Now this is one of the few pieces on TeenInk that I have to admit is very well-written AND well-executed. You don't see much talent like this and I have to say that you have it in this piece. You did very well and I like it a lot. Fantastic job on this :) :) Can you comment and rate some of my work?
Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM • Report
Close