Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Paperwork, Part II This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Julia S., New Boston, NH

In the first installment of Paperwork last month and on TeenInk.com, we met Third Commander Perrin Lane, a photocopier wrestler and fast-track intelligence agent who has the trust and respect of her commanding officers. When a memo arrives at the Office of Information stating that a report is incoming from a Captain Major Westing, but with instructions not to use office channels for communicating this, Lane knows something big is going on. What could be in Westing’s report that warrants such secrecy?

The hands of the clock on the Office wall moved slowly, ticking away the minutes until lunch break. Perrin knew from countless late nights that the clock’s tick was loud in an empty room, but in the commotion of the main Office, it was inaudible. About ten minutes before 1200 hours, the air in the Office of Information started growing thick with anticipation from the lower-ranking Officers.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

4 comment(s)
RobotPenn.
AH! I cannot tell you how much I'm loving these! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING MEEEEE!!!! Seriously, awesome work. :)
Oct. 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM • Report
CeaselessMischief
Argh cliff hanger I honestly hope there is a part 3
Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM • Report
monster...rns
good job perfet u good
Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM • Report
Blackdiamond166
Oh I hope there is a third part!! I would love to read it!!
Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM • Report
Close