Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Perfect    (Continued)

Page 2 of 6

“Morning, Mom,” I call.

“Morning, baby,” she chirps. “Did you sleep well?”

“Better than I have been.”

She sighs, and her eyes look a hundred years old for a minute. “Any improvement is good,” she says half-heartedly.

“Of course.”

“I made waffles.” Her offering.

“Thanks, Mom. Smells delicious.” My offering.

I sit at the table and she hands me a plate. The thought of all that food turns my stomach, but I force a smile and thank my mother again.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

95 comment(s)
MidnightDrexm
That was beautiful. I loved the suspense, the sadness, the realness of it all, everything.
Aug. 24, 2015 at 2:37 PM • Report
ajain18
This piece is amazingly beautifully written. I was drawn in from the very beginning, and could not stop reading until I was done. It gives an amazing insight into someone's life, how despite any struggle, we all strive for perfection.
Aug. 18, 2015 at 5:27 PM • Report
writer8594
Love this!
Jul. 14, 2015 at 3:18 AM • Report
meghan22
I really enjoyed reading this! Amazing work!
Jul. 01, 2015 at 8:49 PM • Report
audreylinhwrites
I think this is a very well written piece. It really caught me at the beginning which was very interesting. I loved the mellow suspense leading up to the reveal of her health situation.
Jun. 28, 2015 at 2:13 PM • Report
hockeygirl36
This is a very interesting piece of work. I love the character development, much better than my works.
Jun. 25, 2015 at 7:53 AM • Report
BlueLee
Sweet! This is an awesome piece! Thanks for sharing!
Jun. 02, 2015 at 4:15 PM • Report
mbk123
Wow, this is so deep, especially the first paragraph that part made me cry. I hope everything i good for you now.
Mar. 12, 2015 at 6:16 PM • Report
SweetCaroline14
skillfully writen, I look forward to your work in the future
Feb. 06, 2015 at 2:27 PM • Report
BradyLauze
Very well written, you seem to be very wise and well versed on this type of topic. It amazes me that the audacity of society could make someone in so much pain, struggle to be accepted. It just goes to show that everyone is fighting their own battle, whether inside or out, one must always try to understand. Great job.
Jan. 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM • Report
Close