Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Perfect    (Continued)

Page 2 of 6

“Morning, Mom,” I call.

“Morning, baby,” she chirps. “Did you sleep well?”

“Better than I have been.”

She sighs, and her eyes look a hundred years old for a minute. “Any improvement is good,” she says half-heartedly.

“Of course.”

“I made waffles.” Her offering.

“Thanks, Mom. Smells delicious.” My offering.

I sit at the table and she hands me a plate. The thought of all that food turns my stomach, but I force a smile and thank my mother again.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

92 comment(s)
meghan22
I really enjoyed reading this! Amazing work!
Jul. 01, 2015 at 8:49 PM • Report
audreylinhwrites
I think this is a very well written piece. It really caught me at the beginning which was very interesting. I loved the mellow suspense leading up to the reveal of her health situation.
Jun. 28, 2015 at 2:13 PM • Report
hockeygirl36
This is a very interesting piece of work. I love the character development, much better than my works.
Jun. 25, 2015 at 7:53 AM • Report
BlueLee
Sweet! This is an awesome piece! Thanks for sharing!
Jun. 02, 2015 at 4:15 PM • Report
mbk123
Wow, this is so deep, especially the first paragraph that part made me cry. I hope everything i good for you now.
Mar. 12, 2015 at 6:16 PM • Report
SweetCaroline14
skillfully writen, I look forward to your work in the future
Feb. 06, 2015 at 2:27 PM • Report
BradyLauze
Very well written, you seem to be very wise and well versed on this type of topic. It amazes me that the audacity of society could make someone in so much pain, struggle to be accepted. It just goes to show that everyone is fighting their own battle, whether inside or out, one must always try to understand. Great job.
Jan. 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM • Report
Mo-Con
Dear Author, This was a very good story. You did a great job with high lighting feelings in this piece. I love the beginning in which your character is preparing for the day, and how each object she used had meaning. It really set up your story in a amazing way. The story from there eon was just as great. It is apparent you spent a lot of time on this piece. It was well worth your effort, as you probably already now. Sincerely, Mo-Con
Jan. 21, 2015 at 1:02 PM • Report
kennedyshine
This is a great piece, it shows good character description, and shows real emotion and importance. The dialogue had a little too much exposition, but I don't imagine you had another way to do it. Very Very good work. This is a piece I'll remember.
Jan. 05, 2015 at 9:09 PM • Report
emuwriter
This is good!The main character is showing she wants to be strong for other people instead of giving into the pain and pity.Although people should give into it when that kind of stuff is serious...
Jan. 04, 2015 at 5:26 PM • Report
Close