Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Drunk Driving: A License To Kill    (Continued)

Page 2 of 4

So what is "drunk driving" anyway? The legal definitions of drunk driving are open to many interpretations, which vary greatly from state to state. In some places, "drunk driving" can include sitting in a parked car or wrecked vehicle with the motor not running, or starting up a car in a driveway. The police can and do arrest people who they believe are drunk before they even get on the road and when they've pulled off to "sleep it off" if they're in the driver's seat.

As for a definition of "drunk" there are many factors to consider. You can be "legally impaired" in the eyes of the law without even taking a drink, if you have taken other substances that affect your ability to drive. You can also be found drunk even when you have all your facilities in perfect working order.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Deej6595
I like how you mentioned that drunk driving is not a mistake, but a choice. I also like the idea that people should be treated for their alcohol dependency from jail so, they can get it through their heads not to drive drunk.I have always been against drunk driving but, you made me think of it in a different way. It is unfortunate that people have to die in order for us to change our ways.
Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM • Report
joelllllll
nice job dude!!!!!!! keep up the good work!!
Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM • Report
FreeLOTRlifeguard
I love how you touched on so many things on drunk driving that usually blow right over peoples heads.
Dec. 01, 2012 at 8:59 PM • Report
Close