Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

My Own Brand of Love    (Continued)

Page 2 of 2

I mean, I felt different with him. He made me happy and optimistic. Is that what love is? I had always envisioned, like in a romantic-comedy scenario, that one day I'd wake up and just know. I wanted to find that kind of love.

Four months later, my boyfriend and I got back together. We're the typical teenage on-off relationship cliché. Since then I decided that I did love him, still do, and probably always will. It's not the love-of-my-life, I-need-to-be-with-you-every-moment, Nicholas-Sparks-novel love, but my own brand of love. When I say “I love you,” it's a promise. A promise that I will love him to the best of my ability and trust him not to take advantage of that.

We probably won't be together forever. We probably won't even make it through college. But he's my first love. And I don't regret a word.

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! This is so cute, and the fact that it's real makes it so much more special :') My sentiments exactly, by the way! Agree with everything you said! Waiting for my first love, my first kiss, my first everything (if you know what I mean!) to come along...none of 'them' stand out. Reading this makes it so worth it, though! I love you (see what I did there?!) so keep writing beautiful pieces like this!
Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:57 AM • Report