Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

You Are a Writer If ...    (Continued)

Page 2 of 9

You read dictionaries and thesauruses like New York Times bestsellers.

You stay up all night to write an enlightening journal entry, even though you know no one will ever read a word of it.

You are a master prioritizer; you shove everything else aside to make time to write.

You have a habit of sniffing the pages of books before reading them.

With a pen and paper, you are supernatural.

You analyze the behavior of those you see on a daily basis for favorable character material.

Writing is what you do best, and you're terrible at it.

Your grocery lists are tangled with ­adjectives. “Blushing cherry tomatoes, stalwart zucchini, bread kneaded with ­passion ….

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

27 comment(s)
GillianBorromeo
There should be a "made me smile and shout yes!" and "made me nod" button on the side. I'd press it fourteen times. Good job!
Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM • Report
The_DoctorDonna
Wow you literally just described my life haha. I thought I was the only one who smelled pages (my family laughs at me all the time for that one lol)
Mar. 31, 2015 at 11:14 PM • Report
CNBono17
How loudly can I say AMEN? Except for me, I don't use a phone book for names. I use baby name websites…Everything else, about bookstores, semicolons, research, synonyms, is completely applicable; I love this!
Mar. 30, 2015 at 9:41 AM • Report
RealRiter
Wow. So perfect. Totally me. Awesome story. Great job!
Mar. 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM • Report
Beila
Yes! Thank goodness! So you mean to tell me I'm normal?! :P That thing about semicolons--too true; I will never stop being addicted to that key. :) Everything and everyone in my life is narrated, although we alternate points of view until I sometimes catch myself remembering other people's falsified thoughts to them... and then it gets awkward. ;) For the record, all of my life is in lists. I am only ever frigid, livid, or riveted... by other great writing. What a joy to read!
Mar. 09, 2015 at 2:56 AM • Report
TaylorWintry
I love this. I laugh every time I see it. So clever, and so brilliantly assembled. Definitely one of my favorites on TeenInk.
May. 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM • Report
Ray--yo
It felt like you spied my life for a few years and wrote down every single detail you saw; Readng this was an experience: I smiled, laughed, went 'Wooh" at times and got a few suspicious looks from my mom! I am very, very happily marking this a favourite.
Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:36 AM • Report
bookmouse
So true! You nailed it!
Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM • Report
ilikeearth
This actually made me LOL. When spell was misspelled I laughed out loud, really I did! I almost died of giggles at getting high off of the smell of old books and calling red crimson or scarlet. Bravo!
Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM • Report
ClaireM.
Ahahahaha, thank you!  Here's a big writer's hug:  (((((YOU)))))   =)
Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM • Report
Close