Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

A Stream of Conciousness    (Continued)

Page 2 of 4

I’m not even sure why we wear a uniform. It seems to me like just one other convention that we follow because it’s there and we don’t feel like asking why. But maybe I’m being a little too theoretical and dramatic. (I tend to do that a lot.) Maybe a better example would be that short story we read in 6th grade titled The Lottery, which tells the story of a bunch of villagers who congregate once a year to pick one person in their town to stone to death. The state of the human experience seems to be so plagued by useless, hopeless traditions that cause us to destroy each other. How can humanity progress, both spiritually and intellectually, if we make no effort to challenge the institutions that bind us-

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

8 comment(s)
This is so relatable. Great piece of work!
Jan. 03, 2015 at 2:11 PM • Report
Love this! I can totally relate to a lot of it, and it is beautifully written.  P.S. Keep doing that yoga if it make you happy, because at the end of the day hapiness is really all that matters :)
Nov. 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM • Report
It was really good :)
Nov. 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM • Report
Excellent :)
Nov. 06, 2014 at 9:55 PM • Report
That was awesome :) Sounds alot like what goes on in my head.
Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM • Report
I loved this! Clever, witty, and well-written. Everything you could ask of from a piece like this (and I love your use of parentheses - I'm quite fond of them as well).
Jan. 09, 2013 at 1:07 AM • Report
My streams of conciousness are never this articulate. They usually contain a bunch of half-baked ideas and unintelligable phrases, then they end with me cusing myself out. But kudos to you, this is fantastic!
Jan. 05, 2013 at 7:20 PM • Report
wow this was really incredible! keep writing, you are amazing
Jan. 05, 2013 at 2:04 PM • Report