Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

A Family in Prison    (Continued)

The convicts looked almost like clones – until I saw my dad. He looked much thinner and really frail. My mom started crying, and he came over and hugged her.

It felt so surreal, like I was dreaming. Now I can hardly remember my dad without his uniform. Some mornings I wake up and, for a split second, forget he’s not home anymore. Then it hurts even worse when I remember where he is and that my mom and I will never have him back.

It hurts to think of all the special memories my dad didn’t share with us. All the birthday parties and family vacations he missed. It’s one of the worst feelings in the world for a girl to know that her father won’t be there to walk her down the aisle.

Page 2 of 3

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
itsrainingcats
You are very courageous for posting this, best of wishes and luck for you, your family, and your father.
Apr. 19, 2016 at 8:00 AM • Report
BigDaddy00
Well, maybe your dad did commit the murder and he just didn't want to tell you, because he thought you will have a bad thought about him. But still it is sad.
Jan. 25, 2016 at 7:01 AM • Report
emmakate45
I am so sorry. I will pray for your family, and especially your father. The innocent never deserve this. You are so strong for posting your story.
Nov. 24, 2015 at 5:55 PM • Report
Close