Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Tainted Love    (Continued)

Page 2 of 6

Our country was founded on Constitutional principles that allow majority rule while protecting the rights of minorities. The freedom to marry the person you love is fundamental. To deny homosexual couples the right to legally marry is no different from denying marriage to Jews because they are not Christian, or interracial couples because they belong to different races.

In the U.S., a legal marriage grants couples many benefits not available to those who are not married. For example, married couples can own property jointly, receive their partner's life ­insurance and health insurance benefits, and be considered next of kin for the purpose of making emergency life-or-death decisions. Therefore, denying homosexual couples the right to marry discriminates against them in violation of the equal protection principles of our Constitution.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
ShelbyNicolex
I couldn't have said it better myself!  Like I say constantly- all the time- love is love, and love is blind. 
Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM • Report
greenbean_94
Homosexuals DO have the right to marry,.........someone of the opposite gender!  I think the reason this issue isn't addressed directly in the constitution is that our Founding father's never expected there to be debate over the definition of marriage being between one man and one woman. Homosexuality is a choice, as is everything else we do. If people just dicided that murder was okay or that they can't help it, should be legalize it? I only disagree, not hate. And I should not be forced to support it either. I tried to post my opinion on homosexuality on here. It was not mean or hateful, just my opinion and it got turned down.
Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:20 PM • Report
Cyber
Thank you, greenbean_94, for your flawed analogy. It doesn't matter if someone can't help but murder; murder (obviously) harms people. How the heck does it harm you if a chick marries a chick? I can't help but imagine someone seeing a rainbow and being all like, "NOOOOO! I'M MELTING!"
Mar. 03, 2014 at 5:33 PM • Report
Close