Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

An Introvert Speaks Out    (Continued)

Page 2 of 6

Many people lump introversion and shyness into one category, even though there is a huge distinction between these traits. True, both an introvert and a shy person may be sitting at home on Saturday night. However, the shy person may not prefer to be there, while the introvert feels more energized alone. He or she actually prefers reading a book instead of fist pumping to house music at a kegger. A shy individual, on the other hand, might want to be at that party but is simply too timid or afraid.

Introverts are not antisocial hermits who dread interacting with others. The vast majority of introverts are caring, compassionate individuals who enjoy the company of others. They simply do not need a lot of interaction and stimulation in order to feel entertained or energized.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

5 comment(s)
wow a really different thought
Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:47 AM • Report
I read this in the Teen Ink magazine, and this is like a mindblowing peice for me to read! I always thought there was something wrong with me because I don't like taking part in conversations about the latest trends, or wanted to attend crazy parties and kill off all my brain cells in the name of "having a good time"; but I'm just an introvert. It's good to know I'm not alone :)
Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM • Report
I can really relate to your poem XD I have been called a 'anti social person" by a grown up. Being alone and just reading and writing or listening to music doesn't mean that you don't like the world. it just means that you want to be alone and read and writing and/or listen to music. people can be so judgemental :(
Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM • Report
I really liked this article. I especially like the last pargraph where you talked about how you can feel comfortable with being alone and not care what other think of.
Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:45 PM • Report
Such a perfect, applicable post.
Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM • Report