Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Drinking Age Should Be Lowered    (Continued)

Page 2 of 4

Being rebel and not following the rules is an important role of a teen’s life. Consequences are the one that change them, but we don’t want them to experience the consequences of being under the influence of alcohol because we know them and they are fatal. Dying in a car accident and killing others is a mess that we don’t want to clean.

Despite the fact that is illegal for young teens to purchase it, they are able to get it through their parent’s own liquor cabinets, unscrupulous store clerks, or older friends who purchase it for them. As we all see, is not hard for teens to obtain alcohol. Why not lower the drinking age then? I mean any way you put it, they are getting it.

We have all heard of the famous saying “we want you to join the military and protect your country.” Blah blah blah.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

28 comment(s)
mplo
They did try lowering the drinking age to 18 at one point, here in the Bay State, but it was found that drinking among high school kids increased, due to much easier access to alcohol.
Aug. 19, 2015 at 2:27 PM • Report
Kye-Elipse
i am thinking about joining the Navy and i agree we should lower the drinking age limit. i think this is 100% true if we can kill for our country at age 17 (with parent consent) then you should be allowed to drink any alcoholic beverage. my vote is change the law on drinking.!
Feb. 24, 2015 at 10:27 AM • Report
AshleySD
But some consequences of drinking don't just affect the drinker. If someone gets drunk and runs over a child, that was their fault that the child died. The logical fallacy you used is very common. But comparing two things doesn't mean that there's a connection between them.
Jun. 02, 2015 at 2:27 PM • Report
Eater
if we no longer have alchohol to rebel with we will start rebelling with heroin and ice. let the laws be
Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM • Report
Ashley S.
The only reason why people do heroin is because either there life is terrible and want to be in there own little world or they need the high... and alcohol gives you a different high then heroin so i dont know why you compared them in the first place... you dont do heroin to be a rebel. Something usually leads up to heroin like smoking weed and doing coke and then when that high isnt good enough anymore then people do heroin, and if they were to lower the age on drinking then a lot more people would be staying out of trouble and not worring about getting caught drinking under age. so there would be less people trying to be rebels and doing dumb things
Jan. 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM • Report
Hedgehoglover10
You liked to repeat yourself, and I have to say I do NOT agree. They have the drinking age that way because the goverment thinks that 21 is the age where you can handle drinking responsibly. Also at 21 your body can digest alcohol with out getting sick. I strongly disagree with this opinion and think you should check over your work before posting it.
Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM • Report
AshleySD
I see both sides, but I think that we should keep the drinking age where it is.
Jun. 02, 2015 at 5:05 PM • Report
mplo
Good point, #commonscence! Thanks.
Aug. 19, 2015 at 2:25 PM • Report
Braxton B.
I 100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep. 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM • Report
AshleySD
Haha calm down
Jun. 02, 2015 at 5:06 PM • Report
Close