Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

Drinking Age Should Be Lowered    (Continued)

Being rebel and not following the rules is an important role of a teen’s life. Consequences are the one that change them, but we don’t want them to experience the consequences of being under the influence of alcohol because we know them and they are fatal. Dying in a car accident and killing others is a mess that we don’t want to clean.

Despite the fact that is illegal for young teens to purchase it, they are able to get it through their parent’s own liquor cabinets, unscrupulous store clerks, or older friends who purchase it for them. As we all see, is not hard for teens to obtain alcohol. Why not lower the drinking age then? I mean any way you put it, they are getting it.

We have all heard of the famous saying “we want you to join the military and protect your country.” Blah blah blah.

Page 2 of 4

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

36 comment(s)
ALANSOTO13
its good its great keep it up
Nov. 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM • Report
gquackenboss
I agree completely with your point. So many teens already have ways to acquire alcohol, and lowering the age would make it so that all of these teens aren't labeled as "criminals". Very well written and great point!
Apr. 27, 2016 at 7:51 AM • Report
mplo
Better still...maybe the age for joining the military and/or being drafted should've been raised to 21 or so. During WWII, the average age that men were drafted for military service was around 26. When it came to our Korean, Viet Nam and Iraq, and Afghanistan wars, the age is 18, when kids are right on the threshold of adulthood! There is a certain amount of irony in this, but that doesn't mean that alcohol should be made more accessible to teenagers! As several posters here on this thread have succinctly pointed out, alcohol simply adds more negativity to already shaky situations, if one gets the drift.
Jan. 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM • Report
mplo
Here's the point, though, baby locks: A teenager's body and brain is not completely developed, and is therefore still much more vulnerable to more serious and permanent damage as a result of excessive imbibement of alcohol. Also, by lowering the drinking age to 18, alcohol is made even more easily accessible to teenagers, which is not a good thing. That was proved, when the drinking age here in the Bay State, and the results were disastrous; there was much more drinking among high school kids.
Sep. 30, 2015 at 4:03 PM • Report
mplo
They did try lowering the drinking age to 18 at one point, here in the Bay State, but it was found that drinking among high school kids increased, due to much easier access to alcohol.
Aug. 19, 2015 at 2:27 PM • Report
ScarletCity
THANK YOU! This is the obvious effect if we lower the drinking age.
Nov. 20, 2015 at 11:07 PM • Report
mplo
You're welcome, ScarletCity.
Nov. 21, 2015 at 10:13 AM • Report
Kye-Elipse
i am thinking about joining the Navy and i agree we should lower the drinking age limit. i think this is 100% true if we can kill for our country at age 17 (with parent consent) then you should be allowed to drink any alcoholic beverage. my vote is change the law on drinking.!
Feb. 24, 2015 at 10:27 AM • Report
AshleySD
But some consequences of drinking don't just affect the drinker. If someone gets drunk and runs over a child, that was their fault that the child died. The logical fallacy you used is very common. But comparing two things doesn't mean that there's a connection between them.
Jun. 02, 2015 at 2:27 PM • Report
Eater
if we no longer have alchohol to rebel with we will start rebelling with heroin and ice. let the laws be
Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM • Report
Close