Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Drinking Age Should Be Lowered    (Continued)

Page 2 of 4

Being rebel and not following the rules is an important role of a teen’s life. Consequences are the one that change them, but we don’t want them to experience the consequences of being under the influence of alcohol because we know them and they are fatal. Dying in a car accident and killing others is a mess that we don’t want to clean.

Despite the fact that is illegal for young teens to purchase it, they are able to get it through their parent’s own liquor cabinets, unscrupulous store clerks, or older friends who purchase it for them. As we all see, is not hard for teens to obtain alcohol. Why not lower the drinking age then? I mean any way you put it, they are getting it.

We have all heard of the famous saying “we want you to join the military and protect your country.” Blah blah blah.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

19 comment(s)
Kye-Elipse
i am thinking about joining the Navy and i agree we should lower the drinking age limit. i think this is 100% true if we can kill for our country at age 17 (with parent consent) then you should be allowed to drink any alcoholic beverage. my vote is change the law on drinking.!
Feb. 24, 2015 at 10:27 AM • Report
Eater
if we no longer have alchohol to rebel with we will start rebelling with heroin and ice. let the laws be
Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM • Report
Ashley S.
The only reason why people do heroin is because either there life is terrible and want to be in there own little world or they need the high... and alcohol gives you a different high then heroin so i dont know why you compared them in the first place... you dont do heroin to be a rebel. Something usually leads up to heroin like smoking weed and doing coke and then when that high isnt good enough anymore then people do heroin, and if they were to lower the age on drinking then a lot more people would be staying out of trouble and not worring about getting caught drinking under age. so there would be less people trying to be rebels and doing dumb things
Jan. 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM • Report
Hedgehoglover10
You liked to repeat yourself, and I have to say I do NOT agree. They have the drinking age that way because the goverment thinks that 21 is the age where you can handle drinking responsibly. Also at 21 your body can digest alcohol with out getting sick. I strongly disagree with this opinion and think you should check over your work before posting it.
Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM • Report
Braxton B.
I 100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep. 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM • Report
kksbrnn
I like this idea, but I think had you presented it more maturely and supported your argument with more than just opinionated beliefs, your article would have been more convinving. However, it was a clever topic and brought a new perspective. Nice job.
Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM • Report
Xandi
I like the idea and think it's smart, but with changing or lowering the age at all, it could lead younger teens who may not drink or drink very little, to drink more. 'If they're lowering the age anyway, then I should be allowed to drink' or something along those lines. Then also, you said that you and a lot of otherpeople want this and would be responsible with it, but there's also a lot of people who won't be. As majority, there would be a lot of teens who would abuse that sort of thing. Sorry, I'm not trying to bring down your idea and think that it really is smart, but like other things, we would have to expect people to abuse the system, not unlike anything else.
May. 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM • Report
stellamaare
I don't agree with you, because i never drinking any alcohol, i never was and never will. I think that teenagers needn't to drink. At Russia bying alcohol agree from 18,  but teenagers at my home drink everyday, they are alcoholcs, but they do it legal. When they started they weren't think that they will  drinking everyday, i think.
Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM • Report
bookmouse
I wouldn't say I agree with the point it makes, but this essay is well written and well argued.
Aug. 01, 2013 at 3:54 PM • Report
Alleenstaande
The point of the whole lowering the drinking age doesn't matter, today in society. Drinking is always going to happen underage, no matter what the law says. Even if someone wanted to lower the age, that would be completely pointless because then people would be less matured and being less resposible. Especially now with people being parents at such young ages, we need responsible parents that aren't going to unexpectedly having children and abandoning them. Joining the military, getting your license, etc. do not have anything to do with the drinking ages. What you are saying is a good point, if you even have the thought, you should never just talk about it, it was a poor topic to talk about lowering the drinking age. If you'd like to drink underage then do it in the comfort of your own home and be responsible.
Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM • Report
Close