Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

I'M A TEEN, NOT A STEREOTYPE. This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By ChelseaJ, London, United Kingdom

Life as a teen is hard enough without having to face the sour looks, judgemental attitudes and misguided conceptions on what a teenager is. Thanks to the media, over the recent years teens have been casted as negative, unsociable murderers and with that society have been tricked in to believing that the world of media is in fact the real world. Well, it’s not. It is far from it. Teens are not negative, unsociable murderers, we are people. People who need a break.
My name is Chelsea and I as you can probably guess am a teenager. Yes, I like to wear hoodies and occasionally wait on street corners to meet my friends. However, this does not make me a killer, drug dealer or any other kind of troublesome person in society. I’m a just a regular 15 year old. I attend school, complete my homework, sit exams, go to the cinema, eat a lot of Nando’s and have a crush on Justin bieber; but thanks to the mistakes of previous generations I am and will always be judged because of my age.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
Hellhoundprincess13
I can relate to what you are saying. my parents act as if I'm a bomb about to explode at any minute
Aug. 24, 2015 at 9:14 PM • Report
Close