Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Washing Away the Invisibility    (Continued)

Page 2 of 4

In order to support their families, they must work multiple jobs. For the man pushing the cart, this may be his third job of the day. He works tirelessly, earning meager wages for his strenuous work. Yet, for the most part, people like him go unnoticed. They work in the shadows, at the end of the day when everyone is relaxing with their families and enjoying the comforts of home.

Even those who work late enough to encounter the cleaning crew usually don’t offer a greeting or friendly nod. Instead, they bustle past, too caught up in their own lives.

Although we teenagers rarely see the people who clean up after us, they play a big part in our lives. We can see the evidence of their work in our schools.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
alliperkins
This made me feel a little offended at first - I don't consider any of the janitors at my school invisible, and neither do most of the other staff members or students. We talk to each other, make jokes, hold conversations; it's really not a big deal at all. They deserve and get the same respect that the rest of the staff do, and it actually saddens me that there are other janitors elsewhere that are considered "invisible people."
Jun. 06, 2013 at 2:55 AM • Report
Close