Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Welcome to America    (Continued)

Page 2 of 3

where we can't even keep our police officers clean.
Welcome to America: Where people and legislature see eye to eye;
where a democracy and a republic clash heads.
Welcome to America: Separation of Church and State
where we have only had two non-Protestant Presidents.
Welcome to America: A land of freedom
where women no rights until 1848, and could not vote until 1920;
where African-Americans were isolated from society until the 1960s;
where American Citizens of the same nation had to kill each other to abolish slavery.
Welcome to America: A Nation of peace
where we are always at war.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

41 comment(s)
Hails_Was_Here
you have a gift
Mar. 01, 2015 at 10:03 PM • Report
gls_4
This is very true and i did read the whole thing.
Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:26 AM • Report
Bismah
This really got to me and everything you mentioned is absolutelty true. Not only about America in specific but people in general and how we tend to avoid our problems instead of facing them. I love the way you structured it. Great job!
Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM • Report
Roseate
That last line really hit me hard because-- and I'm not even going to lie-- I did skip to the end. This is so original in that it reveals the issues of our nation by contrasting it with everyone's stereotypes and expectations. Crazy profound and fascinating; I'll definitely read it all the way through now!
Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM • Report
Dezarae
I. Love. This. It displays all of feelings in a group of well written stanzas. great job. 
May. 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM • Report
Neon_Gypsy_Blood
This is awesome! Its so true... But it's a raw convicting truth. Especially at the end when you explain people avoiding to face the truth. It places a conviction into one's mind. I enjoy the realness of this.  It's a very good piece. I plan on sharing this with people! Keep it up, you're inspiring people.(:
May. 19, 2014 at 4:33 PM • Report
Love2Read72
Thank you!
May. 14, 2014 at 8:59 AM • Report
Starcatcher001
This is such a powerful and compelling piece; I thank you for sharing it with the world. Your poem presents an opinion that many people including myself share in a fluid and comprehensive manner. Congratulations on your success with this piece! I hope you will keep writing such lovely poetry.
May. 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM • Report
bewareofbunnyrabbits
EXACTLY!!!!!! You just said what needs to be said. Thank you for this.
May. 07, 2014 at 9:12 AM • Report
mollybug13
This is so true.  Great poem.      
Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM • Report
Close