Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Guys Cry, Too    (Continued)

Page 2 of 2

But maybe I shouldn't have bothered, because nothing changed in the end.

When I went to school the next day,
Someone noticed how red my eyes were.
“Are you ok?” He asked. I told him I was fine.
Because real men don't cry.

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

13 comment(s)
Guys do cry. Everyone cries. Evryone feels. It's alright, for were human. This is really, really amazing. Thank you for sharing this. 
Sep. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM • Report
Of course guys have their moments of sadness too. They are stronger and tougher than girls but it doesn't mean they don't have feelings. Guys are human beings and they have all rights to crack and show emotions ^_^ By the way your poem was so beautifully written. Sad but also very poetic and meaningful. Keep it up and thanks for sharing this. I'd give it 5 stars with no doubt ;)
Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM • Report
also, can you please rate or comment on my short story? Thanks!! teenink.com/novels/other/book/123331/DONT-READ-THIS-BOOK-BY-ITS-COVER/
Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM • Report
I love this poem. It is really well-written. :) Thank you for sharing! I
Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM • Report
Societry has really twisted the way we view emotions especially when they're shown by men. It's sad really. It's hard when you're really upset, and you can't cry "because real men can't cry." I like your wording in this poem. And the emotion throughout it. Men should cry; not become emotional rollercoasters. But show their emotions when the time calls for it. Very beautiful. 
Sep. 06, 2013 at 3:31 PM • Report
I read this again for the first time in months.... amazing, all over again. Bravo, Trace.
Jun. 11, 2013 at 1:58 AM • Report
All I can say is: WOW!!! really powerful and i guess alot of others agree too haha(: keep it up!
May. 08, 2013 at 7:30 PM • Report
This was truly inspiring.
Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM • Report
this was such a true poem.. i completely get you. you know your a good writer when you can connect with someone a thousand miles away. good job friend :)
Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM • Report
I do have to agree with you there Mr. Potter, but I've only seen one man really break down and cry. I guess I just haven't met many real men. 
Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:15 AM • Report