Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

A Long Way Down

Molly B., cleveland, TN By mollybug15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., cleveland, TN

Shes a daydreamer shes not good for much. All she does is dream of what she could become. What she doesn't realize is without doin anything now. It'll all start crumbling down.

Chorus: Its a long way down when you're high up in the clouds. Its a painful fall when you're dreamin you've got it all. Its a slowly fading memory when you open your eyes and finally see. Its a long way down.

Now shes 23 starin out the window dreamin about tomorrow. She was just a girl but now shes grown.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

52 comment(s)
NostradamusClaims
it struck me hard when i reached the end..... impactful
May. 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM • Report
mollybug14
Thank you :)
May. 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM • Report
_Zavery_
Yet another great piece! I especially love the line "It's a long way down when youre high up in the clouds". I'll be on the lookout for more of your work =)
May. 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM • Report
mollybug14
Thank you :)   Your comment put a smile on my face :)
May. 10, 2014 at 9:31 PM • Report
Love2Read72
I like this a lot. Even though there isn't music, you can imagine if there was. Really good.
May. 06, 2014 at 9:04 AM • Report
Alycia L.
Amazing! Love the lyrics! I was actually singing this to myself, goes to show that this could be a real song! Have you tried singing it and finding a melody/harmony?
Jan. 03, 2014 at 6:48 PM • Report
mollybug13
Thanks :) I didnt actually sing it but I figured it out in my head... singing it would be kind of soft and slow then at the chorus loud and not slow but not fast. And instrumental it would be a mix of acoustic guitar and piano then at the chorus add in a electric guitar,,,, I have a lot of time to think about melody.  LOL
Jan. 03, 2014 at 8:49 PM • Report
Shahrier
this is really good and you can feel it in your bones that this is a song, but can you do me a favor? what tune would you like people to read the lyrics? because im sure im not reading it as you would have originally created for. (also, if you can, please ate a look at my poems, thanks)
Jan. 01, 2014 at 8:23 PM • Report
mollybug13
Thanks! Sure I'll check out your work. The tune is kind of in between slow and fast so I guess Moderate and mostly guitar and piano. If you want to know anything else about the tune feel free to ask.
Jan. 03, 2014 at 8:46 PM • Report
Taconut7
Think really does sound like a song! I could feel the rythmn. People can really relate to this (and so can I). Great work!
Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM • Report
Close