Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

A Long Way Down

Molly B., cleveland, TN By Mollybug16This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., Cleveland, TN

Shes a daydreamer shes not good for much. All she does is dream of what she could become. What she doesn't realize is without doin anything now. It'll all start crumbling down.

Chorus: Its a long way down when you're high up in the clouds. Its a painful fall when you're dreamin you've got it all. Its a slowly fading memory when you open your eyes and finally see. Its a long way down.

Now shes 23 starin out the window dreamin about tomorrow. She was just a girl but now shes grown.

Page 1 of 2

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

55 comment(s)
I really loved in the ending how she began to turn her pain into stregnth and was able to overcome what she was going through. Really inspiring. Keep up the good work :)
Apr. 02, 2016 at 9:40 PM • Report
Thank you :D
Apr. 03, 2016 at 11:52 PM • Report
This is a very good song! I like how in the end she was able to make her dream come true and use all of her hurt emotions in a positive way.
Apr. 02, 2016 at 9:35 PM • Report
it struck me hard when i reached the end..... impactful
May. 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM • Report
Thank you :)
May. 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM • Report
Yet another great piece! I especially love the line "It's a long way down when youre high up in the clouds". I'll be on the lookout for more of your work =)
May. 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM • Report
Thank you :)   Your comment put a smile on my face :)
May. 10, 2014 at 9:31 PM • Report
I like this a lot. Even though there isn't music, you can imagine if there was. Really good.
May. 06, 2014 at 9:04 AM • Report
Alycia L.
Amazing! Love the lyrics! I was actually singing this to myself, goes to show that this could be a real song! Have you tried singing it and finding a melody/harmony?
Jan. 03, 2014 at 6:48 PM • Report
Thanks :) I didnt actually sing it but I figured it out in my head... singing it would be kind of soft and slow then at the chorus loud and not slow but not fast. And instrumental it would be a mix of acoustic guitar and piano then at the chorus add in a electric guitar,,,, I have a lot of time to think about melody.  LOL
Jan. 03, 2014 at 8:49 PM • Report