Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton    (Continued)

Page 2 of 2

From that point, Ponyboy can barely keep track of what is happening. He goes from hopping a train to escape a crime scene to being in the newspaper as a juvenile delinquent hero. Everything seems to move too fast to handle. To find out the whole story, read the book!

If you like symbolism, this novel has plenty, but the main one is to “stay gold.” The book has a strong message of staying young and innocent. It teaches us not to create a shell to block emotions and the importance of friendship. This is one book you definitely will not want to skip.

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

6 comment(s)
I love the Outsiders!!!
Jan. 28, 2015 at 10:14 PM • Report
This book was absolutely amazing! I read it in the 7th grade and we had to re-write the ending for an assignment.
Jan. 28, 2015 at 1:31 PM • Report
If you think the book was great, watch the movieits very detailed and its just an incredible mmovie and besides the person who played ponyboy Curtis is actually quite cute as well as Ralph maccio (the karate kid) is a great performer in the movie
Jan. 28, 2015 at 3:25 PM • Report
OK, I know this will seem really random to post on a random article, but I really need ideas for a WWII play\movie, but I have no ideas! Could someone please post an idea on one of my articles and I swear I will put you in the credits for ideas, even though it isn't a big movie or whatever. I'm freaking out and I would've written this on an article but (1) most articles don't get published for like a month and I need this in like a week, and (2) no one would read it anyways, but this is getting a lot of attention, so I'm hoping someone will stop and read the really long review. So sorry! Please post it on any article, I promise that I'll check and reply to every one of them! Thank you so much!
Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM • Report
I read this book and I loved it! Thanks for writing a review!
Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM • Report
Michael, great review! It's unique and to the point. You touch upon all the important aspects of the book, and your opinions are clearly presented. It also flows very well. :)
Oct. 31, 2012 at 3:05 PM • Report