Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

High Heat by Karl Deuker This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By jeter3, Houston, TX

In my life there have been many things that have happened to me, both good and bad. One good thing, and perhaps one of the best things, that happened to me was baseball. In turn, the worst thing that has happened to me was the passing of my aunt Carla. Your book, “High Heat” deals with issues that are along the same lines as both of these. This is how your book “High Heat” changed my life.
The way I feel for baseball can only be described in one word, passionate. I absolutely love the game. In my career, I began at T-Ball and played all the way through Majors select and now am apart of high school baseball. I love the sport with all of my heart and that will never change. This, however, was not always so. Not too long ago, in the 7th grade, I felt that baseball had been shoved down my throat. Since my grandfather played on the Yankees and my dad was an athlete as well, it seemed automatic to my parents that I should play.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!

Close