Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Deadlines and Datelines: Essays for a New Century This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Bapalapa2This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., Brooklyn, NY

I am what you may call an "active reader,"someone who regularly devours books. Of all I have read in my 15 years, Deadlinesand Datelines: Essays for a New Century is one that really deservesrecognition.

I received my copy from a teacher. At first, I imagined thiscompilation of essays and articles would be, well, a tad boring. Once I startedreading, I immediately changed my mind.

While I enjoy history and socialstudies, I never really took to politics and current world affairs; thefront-page news always seemed boring. This book, however, actually makes itinteresting. Mr. Rather has a unique way of sharing his view without soundingoverly opinionated. He reports the facts and details, and, for the most part,leaves his feelings out.

Page 1 of 2

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Be the first to comment on this!

Close