Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Black Veil Brides : Set the World on Fire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By musicprincess, Braselton, GA

When one hears the hallowed names of Motley Crue, L.A. Guns, and KISS, visions of stage antics, mayhem and killer rock 'n' roll shows fill our minds. These bands have marked the music industry with their unique spin and style. Twenty years later it seemed that the flow of original music had stopped. Then the Black Veil Brides dropped their new album, “Set the World on Fire,” on June 13, 2011, as a much anticipated follow-up to “We Stitch These Wounds.”

Lead singer Andy Biersack has taken a step back from screaming vocals and opted for a more melodic style here, reminiscent of the glam/hair metal style of Motley Crue and L.A. Guns. While the Black Veil Brides have taken up the glam metal flag, they have retained a sound uniquely theirs.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Shade3043
the Black Veil Brides are by far one of the most pretentious, overrated, and generic bands I have ever seen. Look at them. They're just BEGGING for attention. They're just like "HEY, GUYS WE'RE COOL, REALLY. WE'RE COOL." But they have no special musicianship whatsoever. All of their stuff sounds like hand-me-downs from better bands.
Jun. 07, 2014 at 9:19 PM • Report
AsphyxiaBellum
I'm going to have to agree with pandaceleste456, I, too have listened to BVB since the very beginning, when Sandra was still in the band, and I think that they try too hard now, before it was all about being true to yourself but now that they're at the "height" of their carreer, i'm starting to think that all they care about is the money. The fact that their  Albums are announced on TV now, makes me cringe soo much for being original. I have their first two albums and I have to admit that i'm never going to buy the third.  
Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM • Report
SilentMind
I have listened to them, and they do sound different now than when they first started. I for one have not seen their albums presented on TV, but as far as Pandora, I cannot deny that. Eventually everything will be all out in the open, and bands that were only once known by certain 'groups' of people will be widely known. Yes, none of the original members besides for Andy are in the band still. As for who's right/wrong about which music band is better, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I actually own in hard copy their Set The World On Fire album, but I own all three of them on my ipod. The Wretched And Devine album does have a completely different sound from the We Stitch These Wounds album. No, I don't  hate them for changing, and if Andy were to go back to long, extremely teased hair, people would again ridicule him for it. Music changes with each turn of the century. I'm sure you change as well.
Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM • Report
Close