Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Black Veil Brides : Set the World on Fire    (Continued)

Page 2 of 2

Cigarette-hazed vocals create a unique sound and style not found on “We Stitch These Wounds.” The double guitar conjures thoughts of K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton in a dueling yet complementary sound that adds depth. Double bass drum beats hook listeners, making their heads bob along unconsciously. Ashley Purdy's bass style puts a groovy spin on the music, deepening it and adding an extra level that polishes and perfects the sound. The finished album is a symphony of pure hard rock that will send any music junkie to heaven on the opening riff of “New Religion.”

As for the look, shock rock theatricality and style make the Black Veil Brides a shiny new face. The Black Veil Brides dress up and wear makeup for shows, but it is not to cover up a lack of musical talent but rather to put on a show for their fans.

The Black Veil Brides deserve five stars and two thumbs up. They've brought back what was good about music.

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Shade3043
the Black Veil Brides are by far one of the most pretentious, overrated, and generic bands I have ever seen. Look at them. They're just BEGGING for attention. They're just like "HEY, GUYS WE'RE COOL, REALLY. WE'RE COOL." But they have no special musicianship whatsoever. All of their stuff sounds like hand-me-downs from better bands.
Jun. 07, 2014 at 9:19 PM • Report
AsphyxiaBellum
I'm going to have to agree with pandaceleste456, I, too have listened to BVB since the very beginning, when Sandra was still in the band, and I think that they try too hard now, before it was all about being true to yourself but now that they're at the "height" of their carreer, i'm starting to think that all they care about is the money. The fact that their  Albums are announced on TV now, makes me cringe soo much for being original. I have their first two albums and I have to admit that i'm never going to buy the third.  
Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM • Report
SilentMind
I have listened to them, and they do sound different now than when they first started. I for one have not seen their albums presented on TV, but as far as Pandora, I cannot deny that. Eventually everything will be all out in the open, and bands that were only once known by certain 'groups' of people will be widely known. Yes, none of the original members besides for Andy are in the band still. As for who's right/wrong about which music band is better, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I actually own in hard copy their Set The World On Fire album, but I own all three of them on my ipod. The Wretched And Devine album does have a completely different sound from the We Stitch These Wounds album. No, I don't  hate them for changing, and if Andy were to go back to long, extremely teased hair, people would again ridicule him for it. Music changes with each turn of the century. I'm sure you change as well.
Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM • Report
Close