Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Patriot This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., North Vancouver, Canada

The Patriot, directed by Roland Emmerich, was a great representation of the events that occurred during the American Revolution. Unlike most historic movies, The Patriot was able to hold my attention throughout the entire film. Roland Emmerich did a fantastic job at choosing his actors, which included Mel Gibson as Benjamin Martin, Heath Ledger as Gabriel Martin, Jason Isaacs as Colonel William Tavington, as well as Joely Richardson, Chris Cooper, and Tcheky Karyo starring as the other main roles. The actors conveyed the emotions of their characters flawlessly; whether they were meant to portray sadness and love, or cruelty and mercilessness, the audience could identify, and clearly understand the feelings of the situations presented. The movie expressed both the view of the thirteen colonies of North America (which were in a struggle to become independent), as well as the view of the Loyalists.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!

Close