Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher    (Continued)

Page 2 of 2

And we learn a great deal about Clay and his futile crush on Hannah. Also, since he received the tapes, was he also a reason for her suicide? This book is sad, yes, but very well written. There is actually a bit of a happy ending, in a way, though I won't spoil it. You'll have to read it yourself.

After finishing 13 Reasons Why, I found myself looking at those around me, wondering what they wonder about, thinking about who might have hurt them, physically or emotionally, and where they plan on going in life. This is a book that humbles the reader, and makes you think carefully about what you say next, as well as who you see next.

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
-hannah-
Great review! Summed up the book perfectly, well done :) I only read the book about a week ago and I loved it. You're right in saying it's really rather sad but there's almost a sense of relief at the end.
Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM • Report
Kestrel
Thank you! I actually wrote this out of the blue about a year after first reading it, because a friend of mine recently tried to kill herself and this book came to mind. Naturally, I made her read it. :) Thanks for commenting.
Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM • Report
Close