Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Skyfall This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Desmothenes L, cresskill, NJ

Sometimes I just don't understand this world we live in. After hearing strong reviews of the new James Bond movie, “Skyfall,” I decided that I must indulge myself. Critics raved about both the plot and the development of the film. The two other recent Bond offerings – “Casino Royale” and “Quantum of Solace” – were relatively good. Both contained a strong balance of action and story, unlike “Skyfall.”

A dark melancholy shrouds this film. From the very beginning, I felt as if “Skyfall” was drowning me in its essence – but not in the “Holy crap, I can't stop watching this movie!” way. It was more of a “Wow, this movie is really long” vibe. I felt as if the plot had no relevance to the progress of the characters. Bond (Daniel Craig) spends a large portion of the movie feeling old.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
SHER_locked
I also noticed the lack of a true "Bond girl" but I found the change to my liking. In the past, Bond girls have mostly been pretty faces to lure in more guys and to show Bond's addiction to womanizing. I liked that the women in this movie, notably M and Moneypenny, were actual characters and not objects.
Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:39 AM • Report
I.R.B
I don't necessarily agree with your views of the movie, but this is a very well written article. Nice job! 
Dec. 05, 2012 at 5:56 PM • Report
Close