Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Les Miserables This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By Maite97, Hemet, CA

The French Revolution in the mid Nineteenth century brought forth an enormous invention of Les Misérables. No other story describes it better than Victor Hugo, who created the novel in 1862. Shortly after came a more vivid image, Les Misérables, the Broadway musical. It introduced a more emotional, clear image, which brings their thoughts and poor hymns of their deaths into your very soul.

On December 25, 2012 Les Misérables was opened to the crowd in the movie theatres. It was the most spectacular story truly brought to life. Tom Hooper directed this astonishing movie. It could not have been directed any better. It is absolutely astonishing to hear that the singing throughout the movie was all live, not recorded. This brought more emotion into the character’s eyes. I am even surprised by how much singing there was.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

4 comment(s)
Vagialena
Really nice review! I have read the book -and I LOVED it- but I haven't seen the movie yet, that;s why I have a question: Does Eponine appear to be Marius best friend in the movie? Because in the book he hardly pays attention to her...
May. 09, 2013 at 5:21 PM • Report
Kestrel
I haven't read the book, but I've seen the musical twice as well as the movie. (I'd like to read the book, though, I own it!) However, it did appear to me that Marius does brush Eponine off a bit more in the movie than the musical, and my friend who has read the book said that the movie was truer to Hugo than the musical typically is. You should see the movie; other than Russel Crowe, it was fantastic.
Jul. 03, 2013 at 5:04 PM • Report
Maite97
Well the I saw the musical and it was fantastic, it involves music hich doesn't make the book so boring and long
Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM • Report
Maite97
Yes it is! If you ever go to see a musical, Les Miserables is one worth seeing.
Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM • Report
Close