Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Les Misrables This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Isaiah S., Wallhala, SC By IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., Wallhala, SC

Les Misrables, in my opinion, cannot really be described very well with words, only seeing it will show you how amazing it is. Although it was not, and could not possibly be anyway, book accurate, as in, they left out a lot, but the music and the actors captured the essence and spirit of Victor Hugo's book more than any other version. It is the story of a man named Jean Valjean, who stole some bread and was thrown in jail. He is released on parole, and is stirred by the forgiveness of an old priest to being a man of God. Much of the story focuses on a woman named Fantine, played by Anne Hathaway. She worked for Jean Valjean, but was fired by the foreman because she had a daughter, but no husband. She becomes a prostitute. When she dies, Jean Valjean feels responsible to take care of her daughter, Cossete, while dodging his enemy, the Inspector Javert, played by Russel Crowe.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
celticstudygirl
I loved the movie! I also love seeing the musicals for Les Mis too!
May. 31, 2015 at 12:01 AM • Report
CNBono17
Amen on all counts. The movie was incredible. I haven't read the book, but I will before too long. Have you ever seen the musical the movie was based off of? There's this incredible 10th anniversary concert edition on youtube; some of the best voices EVER.
May. 13, 2015 at 8:55 PM • Report
Close