Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Darjeeling Limited This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Halley B., Springfield, OR

“The Darjeeling Limited” may not be one of writer/director Wes Anderson’s best films, but it retains a quirky sense of humanity and endearing characters that make it worth the entire two hours.

This film tells the story of Jack, Peter, and Francis, three brothers who have not spoken in a year. After Francis has a near-fatal motorcycle accident, he decides to bring his brothers together for a spiritual journey across India in order to repair their broken relationship.

Let me state first that if you did not like Anderson’s previous films, you should skip this one. It’s his directing to the very core, using all of his usual tricks to make a captivating, if not ridiculously long, dark comedy that is truly about family ties that bind.

It contains the kind of humor I’ve come to love - ranging from subtle one-liners to outrageous chases involving cobras, pepper spray, and dubious bottles of cough medicine.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!

Close