Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Plan 9 From Outer Space This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Review by Emilee W., Williamsville, NY

Even though this movie won the Double Golden Turkey Award for the worst picture and worst director in the entire history of motion pictures, it is still widely watched. In fact, Ed Wood's Plan 9 From Outer Space is considered one of America's most popular cult classics.

Is it day or night? You'd never be able to tell in the first couple of scenes, as people get in their cars in the dark and all of a sudden drive off in broad daylight. Isn't stock footage wonderful? Hubcaps, no wait ... I mean flying saucers are taking over the Earth!

The infamous plan nine (world domination by resurrecting the dead) fails, just like the other eight plans. The audience is still left wondering what those other eight plans were, for they were not mentioned at all in the film. Will the aliens ever give up? In Plan Nine the aliens from some unknown planet hope to take over the world by resurrecting the dead to form large, mindless armies of zombies.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!

Close