Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Brian Setzer Orchestra - The Dirty Boogie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Review by Anna T., Wilmington, DE

Are you looking for a traditional swing sound with a modern guitar twist? Well, that's exactly what you'll get with this album. This new CD from an old band is definitely a change from the usual modern rock genre. Brian Setzer uses a big band back-up group (complete with trombones, trumpets, saxophones, drums and basses) to jazz up his guitar playing and vocals.

The first single off the album, "Jump Jive An' Wail," is a great song, originally recorded in 1956. The use of a fresh brass sound with a classic guitar made this song an instant hit. As soon as the song came out, my friends and I were dancing to the rhythm and singing the excellent lyrics. It was this song that got me hooked on The Brian Setzer Orchestra.

Other tracks include my personal favorites "Sleepwalk," a strictly instrumental piece with a slow, 50s rock feel and "Since I Don't Have You," a soft, romantic ballad.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!