Why Football Is Better Than Soccer | Teen Ink

Why Football Is Better Than Soccer

April 11, 2024
By Anonymous

Have you ever played football? If you have, you would know that it is better than soccer. Because being at a football game is peer excitement. While it’s true that soccer is more popular internationally, football is better than soccer because football is more physical, requires more hard work, and because more people like football in the US.

First of all, football is better than soccer because it’s more physical.

You need to wear pads and helmets because you're always tackling people and there's always people getting injured in football.The most common injury in football are knee injuries because you learn to tackle low to make them fall easier.

 If you look at NFL players, all of them are really big because if you're a lineman you have to constantly be pushing people so they can’t get to your quarterback. And you constantly have a lot of pressure on you. Like if you don’t catch a ball or if you make a fumble.

Another reason football is better than soccer is because it’s more popular in the United States. because American football is way more popular here than anywhere in the world. Because it’s an American sport.  About 124.3 million people watch the super bowl in America every year.

Some would say that soccer is better than football because  it's more international but in my opinion football is better because if you've ever been to a football game you’ll know it's more exciting and the adrenaline makes it very impulsive to want to be the one playing. Football also is very healthy for your physical health and football also has a strong connection to the community. Football in the US is really popular because it’s an American sport and way more people play it here in the US.

You should go play football with some friends. It would be really fun and I feel like you would enjoy it and if you don’t want to play tackle you can play flag football so you don’t get hurt.


The author's comments:

I chose to argue this because football is my favorite sport