Scared to Love | Teen Ink

Scared to Love

March 27, 2014
By taylor2992 BRONZE, Hemet, California
taylor2992 BRONZE, Hemet, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I didn't know what love was. I was scared to love because I had seen what others constituted as love. I only knew relationships that consisted of arguments, unhappiness, selfishness, greed, unfaithfulness, pain. And I was scared of that.

Then you came. I was wary of you, careful to believe what you told me. But I started to see what you said was true. I started to fall, I wanted to. I was still scared, but you made me laugh like I had never laughed before. You made my cheeks ache, my eyes water, and my tummy hurt. You were sweet. You were a gentleman. You made me feel like I’d never felt before. You made me come home and dance around with happiness. You shared with me what you were passionate for, and listened to what I was passionate for. You talked about your future and your worries with me. And that talk made me want to be there for it all.

I fell in love with you.

I started to want to be there for everything, for all the good times, for all the achievements, and for all the happiness, but, also for the hard times, for the sad times, and the times where you didn't know what to do. I wanted to be there by your side always. I loved the way things could be so silly and fun, but also be serious and caring.

You brought me things that aren't tangible, but things that are amazing. You made my faith stronger, my smiles bigger, my goals clearer, and my heart warmer. You taught me what love was.
You took my fear of love away. Now I fear losing my love, but I know that whether I have you for only a day longer or a whole lifetime, I’ll always love you.


The author's comments:
My personal love story