Me, Myself, and I (through you) | Teen Ink

Me, Myself, and I (through you)

January 30, 2014
By BrandeanO3000 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
BrandeanO3000 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In which cases can you compare your teacher who has solidified your now definitive morals as an individual-who in turn can be looked upon as a motherly figure? The teacher who may be to others: “saved their spiraling demise” or was their “greatest inspiration,”I wouldn’t be the man or for that matter the young adult I would of been without her. To me she is the King, Mrs. Warrick-King. She was my 7th grade science teacher who I can say without a doubt is one of my greatest role models I’ve crossed paths with.

I can remember the days I ‘ve spent with her as if the it was only semesters ago. I was in Brooklyn, New York attending Philippa Schuyler Middle School for the Gifted and Talented or for short I.S. 383. The first experiences with my new science teacher was many of which I would understand would be the morals she establishes. Her teaching scheme was contrary to how many of my previous educators may have taught. The style of her teaching regularly ran the class through logic, respect, and dignity; things I never truly obtained at any other time in school previously.

Mrs. Warrick-King, though at times jovial, nurturing, and delightful, she always kept a stronghold on the aura of the classroom. When it came to education, learning the material, and the application of current lesson methods, she was always stern in her ways. She kept an orderly and respectful class atmosphere at all times. She understands how one should conduct themselves in class. In a proper and formal area, one should show the upmost appreciation to the adults in our lives who takes the time out to feed us the knowledge they have accumulated, enough so that they can relay it to their students.

At the time, science wasn’t a priority, for that matter education on a whole was an aspect of accomplishment my parents forced upon me to adopt. Mrs. King helped me to understand that this was a trait needed to embrace; that education was the way out, a way to break free from the minority, setting yourself apart and bettering yourself.

She opened up the science of life and reasoning through me which still resonates through my being with every cognitive decision I make. This may seem as if it’s a stretch of the imagination or an over depiction however she made me the person I am today. I never believed that she had any idea of the impact she has over my life currently. This would be my chance to properly show my gratitude to the woman who helped me understand the role of education in my life. Formally, I thank her with the strongest sincerity possible.