I Miss You All Wonder If You Do The Same | Teen Ink

I Miss You All Wonder If You Do The Same

By Tater_22 BRONZE, Goose Lake, Iowa
Tater_22 BRONZE, Goose Lake, Iowa

My Best Friend

My best friend’s name is Kianna, we met when I was five years old. On hot summer days we would go eat lunch together, then go to the Clinton pool, it was an everyday thing. When one of us is upset we have this song we listen to, it is “Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts. We were always together, going to church, twinning when we were younger, and spending our birthdays together. We split apart when she turned 16: she got a car and started high school I was still in 8th grade. I felt lost: I started doing my own thing with school and got a job.

My Grandma

Grandma house was the best to go to after school:  I would walk there until one of my parents got off work and picked me up.  My grandma’s name was Phyllis; my sister is also named Phyllis. She is the mother of my mom Eunice. Grandma always cooked, and it was like I was eating a cloud with how fluffy her pancakes were.  When I got in trouble she yells at me and tell me “Go sit in the corner before I whoop you.” My brother always teased me and I got mad but I’m the one who always got in trouble. Grandma was getting sick and had a nurse come bring her food and I found out she had lung cancer. When I found out I cried all day until there was no tears left my eyes, they were as dry as a desert with little to no water.  She would love to watch movies with me, and help me read. I’d always do her makeup and paint her nails when she couldn’t get out of bed.  She was a woman who would never give up: she does what she wants and no one has a say in it. She was a very stubborn woman and I loved that about her. Now she has passed away: my heart still has a dark hole in it like in the galaxy nowhere to go.

My Siblings

I have 5 siblings, 2 are on my father’s side and 3 are on my mom’s side. I consider them all my siblings no half at all. We used to all live in the same household on 8th Ave south: up the street from Clinton high school. All of my siblings graduated from Clinton high. My oldest sister is Phyllis, we call her Renee which is her middle name. I still have communication with her but not as much as I’d like to. We would go for ice cream all the time when either one of us was sad. Then she knows I like running so she says “Now you got to burn off the calories you just ate.” She thought she was funny: I used to watch my weight a lot but not anymore. Brittany is the second oldest sister. She is the person who is always struggling but can hold on her own. She isn’t scared to ask for help when needed. Byron is the oldest out of the boys: I call him my father’s favorite child, my dad always favors boys over girls. I wish I could’ve talked to him more about life goals: he was always great with advice. Torris is the second oldest, he gave me the motivation to play sports and succeed. He moved away for 2 ½ years; I saw him again for the first time in those years he had been gone. My heart lit up like a flashlight. Lastly the youngest boy was Jaylan, he had been in a lot of trouble in the streets. He has got a job and but still isn’t investing his money into things he should need.  I’m there for him when he needs me: I’m like his own personal therapist to give him advice to get back on track with his life. When they talk about their problems they chirp like crickets and I listen; when I talk about mine I get silence. I just really miss you all, do you miss me?