My Cruise | Teen Ink

My Cruise

By AllisonChristine SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
AllisonChristine SILVER, Covington, Louisiana

"Always."

A little while ago, I went on a cruise. On Friday, I had to go to school and it could not have gone any slower. Then finally what I waited for, the final bell, which signaled my freedom. I ran to car line and waited for my mom to pick me up so we could hurry up and get home. I was talking to my friends when I noticed her car and I quickly grabbed my stuff, shouted goodbyes to my friends and left. I hopped into the car and she drove my brother and I home. After we got home I changed into some comfortable clothes and waited in the car for the rest of my family to get there. The rest of my family got into the car and we drove toward our destination.

The Disney Cruise.

We drove four and a half hours and slept in a hotel room because the ship would not leave until Saturday. Over all, it took us five hours to get to Galveston, Texas.

Saturday came, the day I would be able to get onto the cruise ship. I was constantly fidgeting. This would be my first cruise. As we arrived, I could not wait to be on the boat as fast as possible. So we took all the luggage out of the car and waited for the shuttle to take us to the boat. The shuttle picked us up and then dropped us off. We checked our luggage in so the people could bring it to our room. Then we were off and taking photos in front of the Disney cruise sign. We waited for other people from my family to arrive so we could all go on the ship together. We went through security and then before I knew it we were a few steps away from the ship. I had slowly walked in heart pounding and watched as they announced our last name for the whole boat to here. It was a little embarrassing, at the time, but everyone else had to to through the exact same thing. Then, I met up with my friend, Sara, so we could watch the boat leave the port.

In that moment I knew this trip would be amazing. We both explored the ship because we would be living here for the next six days. The ship was one word, massive. The ship had 11 floors plus the crew decks. I also had a beautiful deck to look out over the water. Later that night, we went to a show where a guy did some magic tricks. Then my family and I went to dinner. We met our servers served us for the entire trip. The food on the ship was amazing as well as the people who served us. They were so nice. After dinner, I went to my room so I could get some rest.

On Sunday, I woke up late and got dressed to eat breakfast. My family and I ate breakfast together. Then I went to go put on a bathing suit even though it was still a little cold. After, I put on my bathing suit, I watched a movie called Wreck it Ralph in 3D. The movie had a really cute ending and it was also amazing in 3D. After the movie, I met up with Sara and we sat by the pool to tan. After we tanned for a little while, we went to go check out the teen club. The teen club was horrible and the people in it were really obnoxious. After that day, we never went back to the teen room. My family and I got dressed for dinner and greeted our servers again. After dinner, Sara and I sat by the pool and drank some coffee. Mary Poppins played on the bid screen. After I finished my coffee I went to bed.

On Monday, we had a full day in the sun on the ship. I fell asleep with my back facing the sun. I got a sun burn that day, that little did I know would be hurting by the end of the trip. We hung out by the adult pool and no one questioned us. Sara and I went in the hot tub with my aunts and uncles. We just relaxed and drank some piña coladas. After, we showered, then went to the Disney show.

On Tuesday, I went to Grand Cayman. We boarded this little boat to get off the our big cruise boat. We meet out tour guide, who would give us a tour of the island Grand Cayman. He took us to Hell, which consists of coral that is dry from the sun. Then, I went to the turtle farm. They had turtles bigger than I was. That day I got to hold a tiny turtle. We ate lunch at the turtle farm and I saw the strangest thing. I saw chickens just walking freely. It was really funny, actually, because my cousin was eating chicken nuggets. After the turtle farm, we went to swim with the sting rays. We had to ride twenty minutes away from the island to get where the stingrays were swimming around. The stingrays were huge. They would skim across your body and people freaked out. One stingray even jumped on my mom's back. I could not stop laughing because I was trying to run away from the sting ray, too. After the sting rays we took a boat ride back to the island and got back on our tour bus. We boarded back on the cruise ship and we sailed away. I have to say Tuesday was the best day so far.

Then, Wednesday came. We arrived in Cozumel. The water could not have been any clearer. We get off the boat and we get on a bus. The bus took us to a beach. Before you reach the beach there are shops and a water slide. They also had a little kid water park and a pool. Then finally we reached the beach. I can still feel the sand beneath my feet and the sun beaming down on me. I quickly grabbed a chair, laid out my towel, and soaked up the sun. We spent at least four hours on the beach until we had to leave. We boarded back on the bus and the bus took us home. When we got back on the cruise ship we took showers and got ready for pirate night. Pirate night is a night where people can dress up in a pirate consume if they want to. Some people actually looked like real pirates. I saw this one guy and these people asked to take pictures with him. He said yes, then they later found out that he was really just a passenger on the ship. It was so funny, because he had a kid with him, too.

On Thursday, we had a full day at sea. It was a relaxing day because it was really chilly. My friend Sara and I went in the hot tub because it was cold. After that we quickly ran into the inside of the cruise ship. We were both shivering. After, we got food and we went to Sara's room. We ate the food. After we ate, we quickly headed back to our rooms to change into our pajamas. It was still in the middle of the day so we sat down and we watched Narnia. Then I went back to my room to get dressed for the last show of the trip. We saw the last show and it was amazing. After, we went to dinner greeted our servers for the second to last time. After dinner, Sara and I went to karaoke. Sara and I sang in front at least thirty people and I was terrified. After karaoke we hung out with this guy. His name was Nick and he is from Canada. After we hung around the ship for at least three hours. Then, it was time for bed. This would be the last time I would sleep on the ship. I did not want to go to bed. But, reluctantly I went to sleep.

As the last day came, we quickly searched the room to make sure we packed everything and we left. We walked down and ate breakfast and said goodbye to our servers. We all gave them hugs. After that we had to check out of the boat. When that was done I looked back upon the boat that was my home for a week. I felt sad and I just did not want it to end. But, I turn away with a sad smile on my face and went back to reality.