All Thanks to Haley | Teen Ink

All Thanks to Haley

By soccer0698 BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan
soccer0698 BRONZE, Royal Oak, Michigan

I woke up. It was about 9:00 in the morning. My long brown hair was all knotted up and frizzy like a birds nest. I yawned, and then got out of bed. I walked out of my room and saw my sister, Haley, watching The Wiggles. I loved that show.

“Good morning, Megan,” my Mom said.

My response was a wave then I plopped onto the couch. “Hey Mom, can Alex over today?” I asked. Usually I’ll wake up eat, get dressed and then go play outside with, Alex, our neighbor. 

“After the doctor’s, maybe.” My face got as red as a tomato. I looked at Haley and she was about to cry and I was too. I was 5 years old and Haley was 4, what do you expect?  No 4 or 5 year old likes going to the doctors and getting shots.

“Do we have to get any shots?” Haley asked in a shy, sad voice.

“Just a finger prick and a shot on the leg or arm, but after you will get a sticker and a lollipop.
Haley and I smiled.

After I ate breakfast. I had to go get ready. I like to dress to impress. So I put on my favorite dress, it was brown with pink poke-a-dots. I walked out of my room with my pair of pink flower flats and saw Haley getting her light brown hair French braided by my mom.

After 5 minutes my mom yells, “Come on, girls it’s time to go!” I grabbed my blanket and stuffed poodle then jumped into my super cool princess booster seat.

I’m usually pretty good at not freaking out about the doctors, but today I was super nervous and scared. As we got closer and closer to the doctors that’s when my heart started to pound twice as fast like boom, boom, boom. I just wanted this day to be over with. Then I looked out the window and saw the doctor’s office. I looked at Haley but she was sound asleep.

“We’re here.” My mom said.
  “Do we have to go in?” I asked.
“Megan don’t worry you will be fine.”
  My mom woke Haley up and then we started to walk into the doctor’s office. It looked like a big scary place it was dim inside and the walls were dark brown.
‘‘Megan and Haley go find a book while I check in,” my mom whispered.
Haley and I nodded.
We looked around and then found this animal book. It looked pretty cool. After we read a couple pages, I saw this guy coming he had a blue uniform on, and he opened the door.
“Megan and Haley,” he said.
It was our turn to go in.
“Alright, you two just have to get a finger prick and a shot on your thigh. So who is going first?” the nurse asked. 

Haley pointed at me of course. He looked at me so I raised my hand. I was getting so scared, when he was getting the shot ready, my heart was racing and my blood was pumping.
“Ready”? He asked
“Yup.” I said in a scared voice.
“On the count of three, one, two, three.”
When he said three pain just went through my finger. My face clinched up and I got teary eyed. It hurt so bad! It felt like someone pinched or bite my finger.
After Haley and I got our finger pricked, it was time for our next shot.
“Haley you’re going first this time.” I whispered loudly.

Haley frowned.

As the nurse got closer to Haley, she jumped off the table. I was in shock, my jaw dropped and I was laughing so hard. I couldn’t believe Haley was acting like that. She sprinted for the door but, my mom grabbed her before she could grab the door knob. Haley was kicking and squirming so much. My mom finally got her to the table and was trying to lay her down. I was just sitting there watching and looking at the nurse.

“Haley! Relax! It’s okay! Megan, grab Haley’s other arm,” my mom angrily said. Haley was screaming and tried to bite me. She was acting like a crazy person. My mom was probably embarrassed. The nurse got ahold of her leg and did the shot. Haley screamed, and stopped squirming and started to ball her eyes out.

After about 15 minutes, we were all done. My mom was so mad at Haley. “Haley, from now on, I’ll give you a lollipop every time after the doctor’s if you don’t ever do that again. But if you do, you get nothing,” my mom said. After that it was a very quiet ride home. I was so glad that the morning was over but it was a funny morning all thanks to Haley.