Michelle's Child | Teen Ink

Michelle's Child

October 15, 2014
By Conroeee123 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Conroeee123 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't dwell on the past, Don't dream of the future, concentrate the mind one the present moment.


The time I saw my sister give birth to her child…. My phone lit up to show my mother’s name on it. As I quickly received it to say “Hello?”, “Amanda, Michelle is close to having the kid get up here!” So I kissed my boyfriend good bye, put on my shoes, ran to my car cranked the engine and started my long journey to the hospital. Let me just add my boyfriend lived in Elgin and the hospital was in North Austin, I drove at least 35 miles, and it took me about an hour and twenty minutes.  I like to take my time. I pulled into the Hospital read the first sign I see “West Wing Woman’s Care”.  I guess I got there at the worst time, because there was absolutely no parking. Franticly looking for a spot I came across an end spot, under a big oak tree. Put my car in park took my keys locked the door, while proceeding toward the door. Running inside to ask the front desk lady which way my sister’s room was. She pointed to the East side of the hospital; I can’t believe this place is so big they go by the “North, East, South and West.” At this point I’m pretty much out of breath. Still running I got there just in time for them to let me into the labor room. This picture got interesting because my eyes where virgin eyes, I mean as far as giving birth…. But the image I remember most was when I was opening my eyes from a blink, and I saw the sweat dripping down her face, her hair in a half put up ponytail but then the other half was all sticking up because of all the sweat she was producing, to her husband filming it and my mom besides her holding her hand.
“Mom I can’t do it no more” Michelle said in a very angry voice. My mom response was “You have to Michelle, PUSHHH!”   My brother-in-law’s facial expression was similar to mine when I thought I saw a dead person, wide eye and mouth open. Then here I am taking one big step back, not wanting to get cross one of their paths because that would be really embarrassing. At that time that unusual moment had ended with my eyes closing and me exhaling all the carbon dioxide I had in my lungs. I was so not ready for the next one coming cause that moment was unforgettable.