The Girl Who Foolishly Loved | Teen Ink

The Girl Who Foolishly Loved

January 19, 2016
By Pkkhan SILVER, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Pkkhan SILVER, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I have a friend. Correction, had. Her hair was as light as the sun. Her skin was so soft and perfectly tan with just enough freckles to make her look in between of adorable and hot. Her voice was so soothing. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean and her lips always red as a rose. She was absolutely beautiful. Let me tell you this though, I did not like her romantically, just as a friend. She used to be so kind to others even the people who didn't do her right. I think thats what amazed me the most. She was such a strong woman, that sometimes I wonder if she was really truly okay. She wasn’t.


Anytime I was at her house, all her guards were down. As if all the strength that she had shown the world collapsed right then and there. I could hear the sobs escaping her mouth when she was in the shower from her room while watching old recaps of Dexter’s Laboratory. She was tragically beautiful and it confused me as to how such an amazing person like her could be so broken. I then realized, even the most breathtaking of humans have their lowest points in life.


I didn't realize fully how broken she was until staying out at parties late at night and having to take her home at four in the morning with her hair all messed up and clothes slipping off barely able to protect her from the warm zephyr. You could never tell she was so broken, until she spilled out all her pain and slurred words shed into tears. All her life she held people up and when she needed to be helped and held, the one person she loved with all her heart, had left her at the one moment she needed the most help. She had told me how he made her feel like the only girl in the world. How he had whispered words into her ears in the early morning hours and held her tight while claiming he loved her and could see a future with her. She was completely enamored and filled with hope. Every minute that passed by she loved him more and more. Then he left her after she made one stupid mistake. ONE.


It hit me then and there. You cannot tell sad girls that they are pretty unless you are prepared to hold them as they sob hysterically at three in the morning. You are not allowed to tell sad girls they are perfect if you have never seen the wounds that litter and represent each battle lost in a war with them. And I am begging you, please do not tell sad girls that you are in love with them unless you truly and entirely are.