A Ballerina's Mind | Teen Ink

A Ballerina's Mind

By BaileeCC BRONZE, Margate, Florida
BaileeCC BRONZE, Margate, Florida

Have you ever taken the time journey through the intricate mind of a ballerina? One can never understand the deep complexion hidden within the shell of the beautiful creature of poise. All her emotions are masked by the lights, the costumes; the stage. The studio is her home; the stage a vacation to look forward to. She is the definition of hard work. Being the epitome of grace certainly does not come entirely natural, but fiery passion and endless love make it easy. It is that same boiling passion that keeps her on her toes. It is the same abounding love that drives her back to the studio everyday for more; more. She moves forward everyday, feeding the hunger of her soul, her mind, her bones; ballet. From the smallest movement of her head, to the largest grand jeté, every fiber in her body works, every muscle engaged. Even in the silence, her soul cries the blissful word “ballet!” Yes, there are long days; dog days. Days she can not seem to be doing anything right. Emotional days, when the rivulet of tears needs draining. Painful days, where her feet and toes feel alienated from the rest of her body and her body aches from exhaustion. War waging days, when the mirror is in no place to give compliment or consolation, bringing to the surface every flaw in her figure. But she fights it. Remembering her eternal, ultimate goal, which makes every little thing worth every little bit. She does what she loves, and was created to do, which makes everyday an extraordinary gift. She eagerly grasps the gift ever so tightly, never to let go. She presses on, making the most of every class, every rehearsal, and every performance. She is strong. She is elegance. She is a ballerina.

Just a little taste of the ballerina life.