Passion | Teen Ink

Passion

April 1, 2014
By Grace Hammer BRONZE, Mauston, Wisconsin
Grace Hammer BRONZE, Mauston, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

What is passion? Passion is a strong feeling for something or about doing something. Have you ever had a passion to do something? Sometimes you just get this feeling that you want to do something, whether it is a sport, finishing a book, or accomplishing something that you haven’t yet.

Like I said, there are many different things to be passionate about. They could range from the arts to sports, fashion to video games, and everywhere in between. If you really like something, you are most likely passionate about it. For example, this girl I know is really into sports, whether they be volleyball, basketball, or track and field. I can tell she is passionate about them because she is always working to get better at them. She drives herself. This girl just works to be satisfactory, even if she gets frustrated. We can all see that she is very passionate about being the best at anything she does.

Having passion can mean different things. Have you ever heard the saying “I hate him/her with a passion.” It means that the have a very strong hatred feeling toward that person. You see, people just assume passion is a good feeling. Well, it’s not. As mentioned, all passion means is to have a strong feeling towards someone or something. Nowhere in a definition does it say that it only means to be excited about or love that thing or person. It just says that it is a strong feeling.

Talent would be nothing without passion. Just think about it. Let’s say this guy is really good at piano. One day, he has no passion for it and quits. He had lots of talent, but he didn’t care for playing piano. Therefore, all that talent goes to waste. Do you have a talent that you are wasting because you have no passion for it? I want you to ask yourself this question every time you think about what you are passionate about.

Passion is something that I think everyone should have. I guess it doesn’t really matter what you are passionate about you should just find something. There is something out there for everyone. Choose something you absolutely love and act on that passion. Become that girl I told you about earlier and let your passion help you lead your life.