“They” Are Watching: Celebrities & the Illuminati | Teen Ink

“They” Are Watching: Celebrities & the Illuminati

The Illuminati is a group started in 1776. It was originally created to “ oppose superstition, prejudice, religious influence over public life, abuses of state power, and to support women's education and gender equality”(“Illuminati…”) In Hollywood, there are many secret societies that are thought to have many members. The biggest conspiracy and society is the Illuminati. The most famous A-List celebrities such as Beyonce, Jay-Z, LeBron James, and Justin Bieber are thought to be apart of this elaborate and mysterious society. The Illuminati is a real secret society. There is evidence that suggests that many celebrities are linked to this group through symbols, pictures and even song lyrics. There are also theories that the Illuminati is linked to the deaths of some celebrities and many historical events occurring. Others believe the Illuminati does not exist today.

Many believe celebrities, both past and present, are puppets for the Illuminati. This means that celebrities were created to distract regular, everyday people from the government and the many history changing events the Illuminati has created. Celebrities such as Madonna, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, and even deceased rapper/actor, Tupac, are believed to be apart of the secret society. The music we listen to, the movies and tv shows we watch, and social media are also used to distract from the deeper problems of the government. Yet, there is barely any evidence to support that these celebrities are involved. Many celebrities deny their involvement and many believe that celebrities are simply for entertainment For example: rap mogul, Jay-Z, has made many songs with lyrics that suggest that he isn’t involved in the Illuminati. He also has an interview where he denies the claims of his membership.

There are many symbols and signs that are linked to the Illuminati. Some symbols include the all-seeing eye, the triangle, or pyramid, and the 666 hand sign. These symbols are seen in many forms. The first symbol the all-seeing eyes is ; “Known as the “udjat”, this is a common symbol, which features a human eye or something similar incorporated in a triangle or some other shape. In most cases, the triangle is used. It is used to symbolize the eyes of Lucifer, who is believed to see everything happening all over the world”(“The Illuminati: Symbols, Signs…”). This symbol can be found on the back of the one dollar bill. Many people believe this symbol is in many cartoons and that celebrities who cover one of their eyes is giving a signal of their affiliation. Another symbol commonly linked with the Illuminati is the triangle . The all-seeing eye is usually placed inside the triangle. It is usually on top an unfinished pyramid. Celebrities such as Jay-Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West throw up the triangle as a sign of their record label, Roc Nation but its another signal of their membership. Another common symbol is the use of a goat head. This head resembles Baphomet’s head. “ Baphomet is an enigmatic, goat-headed figure found in several instance in the history of occultism” (“Who Is…”). The use of baphomet is seen in several costumes and music videos for artists such as Beyonce, Rihanna, and Madonna. Although, there are many signs and symbols that show the existence of the Illuminati, celebrities don’t use these symbols on purpose. It is seen in some of their fashion choices or their music videos. Also, these symbols are seen in cartoons, tattoos, movies, and etc.

Many celebrities are believed to be killed by the Illuminati because they wanted to cut ties with the group. One such celebrity assumed to be killed is rapper/actor Tupac Shakur. He was killed on September 13, 1996 by an unknown gunman in Las Vegas, Nevada. There are some theorists that believe that he was killed by the Illuminati because he was going against the group. “This Illuminati is a long-rumored secret society who is said to control governments and countries behind a curtain without the general population knowing. Could this group be behind the rapper's killing?”(“Tupac vs…”) Sources say that the only way for a person to get out of the Illuminati is to kill that person. The killer of Tupac is still unknown and there have been many theories as to who killed him. Many people say that he was killed by people affiliated with Notorious BIG and the people in the East Coast battle. Others believe that he was killed by Suge Knight, the owner of the record label that Tupac was apart of.

There is a lot evidence and proof that the Illuminati is real. There are symbols and signs such as the all-seeing eye that give some proof. Also, celebrities are used as puppets to distract people from what the Illuminati is doing such as their involvement in the government. The Illuminati is also linked to some celebrities deaths. Many people believe that this secret society is fake and celebrities aren’t linked but the proof is there.

Works Cited
"The Illuminati: Symbols, Signs, Meanings & History Revealed | Nollywood, Nigeria, News, Celebrity, Gists, Gossips, Entertainment." Nollywood Nigeria News Celebrity Gists Gossips Entertainment Atom. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
"The Illuminati: The Secret Society Pulling the Strings of Every Major Organisation in the World." The Guardian. Guardian News and Media, 19 Dec. 2013. Web. 24 Feb. 2014.
"Top 10 Illuminati Symbols Hidden In Plain Sight." Altheadlines.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Feb. 2014.
"Tupac vs. The Illuminati: Hmmmm ... Is There More Behind This?" BallerStatus.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2014.
"Who Is Baphomet? - The Vigilant Citizen." The Vigilant Citizen RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.