La Estacion | Teen Ink

La Estacion

April 24, 2015
By 6wietzel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
6wietzel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Tears filled my heart when I left my hometown and moved to Waukesha. I was scared and knew I wouldn’t be back to Appleton for a long time. This was my first real memory that left me heart wrenched.

The drive to Waukesha was long and dreadful. I was only four, but it felt like I was losing everything. As I read the sign “Welcome to Waukesha,” I came across an old train. It was connected to a building and my mom said we could try this restaurant out. I was excited to finally stretch my legs and eat inside of an old train. It was so fascinating with all the colors and fresh warm chips.


There was paintings that represented the old mexican history. Women, buildings, etc. The building told a story. It glistened with old rock and smelled as the fresh scent of seasoning. I still remember my first time there. To this day I order the same thing every time. Steak tostadas with beans and rice.


La Estacion is my treasure for Waukesha County. The years it has been there have made many memories for me. It has brought me closer together with my family and getting to know the area. The employees feel like family to me. Therefore if it wasn't for La Estacion I wouldn't have been as comfortable with Waukesha County. The restaurant is a true treasure in my eyes.