Monday Afternoon | Teen Ink

Monday Afternoon

October 19, 2016
By KarelyCarranza SILVER, Sacramento, California
KarelyCarranza SILVER, Sacramento, California
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was June 6th around 5pm, the day I almost got kidnapped, along with my cousin and friends. It was a nice sunny day, and it was my cousin’s birthday, so she invited me to go over. So that day after school my mom dropped me off at her house. She came out the door, looking at her bright green eyes I said, ‘’Happy birthday!’’       


My cousin, her friend Kirenia, Edith, and Kimberly and I were all sitting at the kitchen with the smell of fresh pizza and breadsticks. I was really bored in the corner just sitting by myself on my phone. We decided that we were going to go get Kirenia’s speakers from her house. So we started walking and while we were walking we decided that we actually wanted to go to the black, rusty railroad tracks to take pictures.       


Kimberly’s house is right behind the railroad tracks so we started walking towards her house. I was wearing my new shoes first time wearing them and they were white I was kinda scared to go with them on the muddy ground but I thought, ‘’Oh well.’’ So we started heading towards her house. The way you get to the railroad tracks is by going to her backyard and lifting two pieces of wooden fence so that’s what we were going to do. We all went through the small space. We stood on a wooden piece for about 5 seconds thinking if we should go that way or take the long way. Thinking we decided we wanted to go the other way, the long way just because there was too much long grass and we were scared that a snake can be out there.


We were just walking and I was the last one since I don’t really talk to them just my cousin. Next thing I know there’s a black, nice, new car that just stops. We looked inside the car and and there was two young guys. These guys looked so much older than us, they looked like in there 20’s. The guy on the passenger seat rolled down his window and shouted, ‘’Hey you’re cute!’’ We all turned around and looked at each other and started running because we didn’t know what was happening and we were really scared. By the time we had already stopped running we were already at the railroad tracks but it was really difficult to run threw them because they’re on a hill so we had to keep running up and down the hill. At one point we were thinking if we should just go to the other side of the hill so they won’t find us but we didn’t.


We turned around and checked for the car and it passed by again we were so scared and didn’t know what to do so we ducked down. Edith had her phone ready to call the cops, we were really scared that we thought they can just get off the car and start chasing us. Then we seen the car pass by again for like the 3rd time so we all shouted, ‘’run run!!’’ It was so hard to run through the railroad tracks then the tall grass still with the thought in our head that there can be a snake. Edith had accidently called the cops but they put her on pause so she just hung up. We fastly kept on running even though we were out of breath but we just kept looking for Kimberlys back yard.


Once we had found her backyard we just stood there and said, ‘’Dang that was crazy!’’ We went into the backyard all scared just staring at eachother. We then decided that we were going to go back to my cousin house so we started heading that way. Every time we would see a car pass by we would run back to Kimberlys house. We did that for about 10 times. Until we decided we were actually going to go back without running back.


So they all ran back except for me and Kimberly we just stayed all the way in the back. We were all scared just trying to get there as soon as possible. When we got there we just sat down and started talking about how crazy and scary it was. They were all saying, ‘’The guy was talking to Karely because she was the last one.’’ I was just laughing listening to them saying it over again.


I never told my mom or any family member just some of my friends. Now i know it’s better if we take the shortcut even if it’s the fact that you’re going to get your new shoes dirty . Since then i have never been that scared due to the fact we almost got kidnapped.


The author's comments:

This autobiography is about the time I almost got kidnapped.