Getting Misjudged for What You Wear | Teen Ink

Getting Misjudged for What You Wear

By brandon_pineda SILVER, Sacramento, California
brandon_pineda SILVER, Sacramento, California

It was the beginning of my middle school year and I was new to that school at fern bacon. When I was walking in into Fern Bacon I seen people from my elementary year that I recognized and had seen that they have changed a lot since elementary school. I started to hang out with the people I know for a while like Jessy,Blanca and Hannia those were only people I know in that time when I first started middle school. Middle school was a whole new level of difficulty for me because I never had 6 classes to go to in one day. I thought to myself that “it's just going to get harder and harder over the years”. 

Then that's when it all happened I was walking to my second period , when these two boys  named sebastian and eduardo came up to me and told me

“why you wear all those ugly clothes and shoes” i answered back

“i like these clothes they make me feel comfortable and make me feel like me”.  The two 2 boys that would always misjudged me for not having expensive brands in second period always talk about me that i don't have no expensive clothes. I thought to myself “I should buy expensive clothes so then I could fit in with all the others school members” and that's what I did I bought expensive shoes and clothes but I felt different I didn't felt like I was myself. Then out of sudden people started to hang out with me more and tried to talk to me because of what I was wearing, to me I felt like thats mest up what people do to become known or popular at school.

its about my middle school year how i got misjudged for not having expensive brands