An Unspoken Ability | Teen Ink

An Unspoken Ability

December 16, 2016
By M.Coolio SILVER, Eureka, Missouri
M.Coolio SILVER, Eureka, Missouri
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

One of the best abilities that has ever been bestowed onto me is something very hard to explain. The ability is unity of words and images. It’s the transformation from two-dimensional symbols to three-dimensional worlds. It’s an artistic work. This type of work continually enhances our culture, society, and the human race. The work floods a human soul with various emotions. It’s a part of everything we know and learn. This thing contributes information and knowledge to a person in an exciting way. The first step of obtaining this magical ability is knowing how to read.
 

When I was a child I was very much a” fake it to make it” person. I didn’t know how to read, but I used to pretend and attempt to possibly learn by sitting with a newspaper. Obviously this type of attitude helped me obtain my talent, my ability. When no one was around little me used to swiftly race to a desk. Snatch a pen and legal pad from it in my toddler chubby hands. Immediately, I dropped onto the floor and began to scribble. My scribbles resembled the outline of curvy and treacherous waves. Sometimes I even strike disjointed lines, loop circles, and in random tangent dot almost everything. If you saw the pad now, you wouldn’t think anything of it. But if you knew the background behind the pad and the symbolic meaning of the scribbles you would be amazed. Those scribbles had the power to show and hear sassy princesses, luminous towers, roars of villainous storms, and the kindness of friendly dragons. 
 

If you wish to pursue this ability, craft, power, work, and gift you have to know you can’t do this haphazardly. Either you give all of yourself, or don’t do it all. This is a huge component of who I am. I’m so grateful for it too. It has given me various opportunities and later accomplishments. It makes me so unbelievably proud to be me. I don’t mean to discourage you with extremes, because I do recommend this above all else. This gift is going to lead you, like it has I, to knowledge, an understanding perspective, fantastical adventures, and beautiful places. If not this, trust me, you are going to obtain an incredible amount of self-love, and that’s the best of all.


The author's comments:

I had assignement where I was to write about an important thing but do not actually use the thing's name. I hope you can figure out what exactly is The Unspoken Abilitly. I hope you can like it.