Cameron Jerrell Newton | Teen Ink

Cameron Jerrell Newton

By Jamor6348 BRONZE, Burgaw, North Carolina
Jamor6348 BRONZE, Burgaw, North Carolina

Because parents have power over children. They feel they have to do what their parents say. But the love of money is the root of all evil. And this is a sweet child. And to see him turn like this, this isn't him. This is not him.

Cameron Jerrell Newton was born on May 11, 1989. He went to college at Alabama for the Auburn tigers. He is the third player to be awarded the Heisman Trophy. Also to win a national Championship in a one year span. He was the first overall pick of Carolina Panthers for the National Football League. The other two were Leon Hart(1950) and Angelo Bertelli(1944) who played before the Hall Of Fame was created. Cam Newton broke the record for most Yards thrown by a rookie Quarterback, Breaking Peyton Manning's Record.
High school

The High school Cam Newton attended was Westlake in Atlanta Georgia. He received Scholarships from Florida, another was from Georgia, and others from Maryland, Ole Miss Mississippi State, Oklahoma, & Virginia Tech. College

His first college was the university of Florida. He went on to beat freshman John Brantley. Then he transferred to Blinn college. Then he Transferred to Auburn to eventually win a Heisman trophy, a college championship, and to get drafted first pick for the Carolina Panthers. He is now playing his 2nd year for the Panthers.