Kevin Durant | Teen Ink

Kevin Durant

By Jamor6348 BRONZE, Burgaw, North Carolina
Jamor6348 BRONZE, Burgaw, North Carolina

Because parents have power over children. They feel they have to do what their parents say. But the love of money is the root of all evil. And this is a sweet child. And to see him turn like this, this isn't him. This is not him.

Kevin Durant is a small forward currently playing for the Oklahoma City Thunder basketball team. He is the star player next to Russell Westbrook( A point guard) and his height is currently 6ft 9. his weight is 235 pounds.

Childhood

Kevin durant was born September 29, 1988 in Washington, DC. His parent’s names are Wanda and Wayne Pratt. He was raised by his grandmother and has two brothers, Tony and Rayvonne, and one sister Brianna. Durant played in the AAU with Michael Beasley and Ty Lawson. Durant started wearing the number 35 after the murder of his coach who was 35 years old.

College

Durant in his freshman year averaged 25.8 points, 11.1 rebounds, and 1.3 assist per game. The Texas Longhorns finished the season at an 25-10 record. Kevin Durant went on to be drafted the second overall pick of the Seattle Super Sonic which he was relocated to Oklahoma City Thunder