The Northern Region of Ghana, Africa | Teen Ink

The Northern Region of Ghana, Africa

March 18, 2014
By IreneLeplaeArthur BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
IreneLeplaeArthur BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Believe in yourself and in your own voice, because there will be
times in this business when you will be the only one who does."

-Jayne Ann Krentz


THE NORTHERN REGION

Sitting below Burkina Fasso, the Northern Region of Ghana is known for many popular cities. One of its cities is Tamale, its known for its market that is located in the heart of the city. Sognaayilli, another tourist attraction, is a village filled with Ghanaian culture. To get a real wild feeling visit Mole National Park where you literally take a step into the wild. Going from the capital, Accra, to Northern Ghana is quite an adventure. Taking a bus, you get a clear view of Ghana’s phenomenal landscape, as well as trying Ghana’s traditional food on the way.

Tamale
When you visit the wonderful city of Tamale, there is not a second to lose. There is so many events that can be done. One of the most popular events is taking a trip to Tamale’s market. In the market you can find a variety of items to make your trip memorable. Do not be surprised if you see a little bit of a table tennis tournament by locals. In the shops, you see Kente cloth being woven right before your eyes.

Sognaayilli
If you have a desire to get a true feeling of Ghana’s real culture, Sognaayilli is the place to be. You are exposed to a village filled with traditional people, who live as a group. As you interact with the people, you will have the opportunity to see the nurses, school teachers and much more. They act as if they were all one big family. The nature is surreal and beautiful.

Mole National Park

Whether you decide to spend the day or spend two days at Mole National Park you get the wildlife feeling. The safari will get you close to some of Ghana’s popular animals. You are able to even see some of the animals from right outside of your room. Imagine seeing a baboon right outside of your window, what an adventure! The rooms that Mole National Park offers are amazing. You have the chance to see some wildlife and then after cool of in the pool or enjoy some wonderful food from their restaurant.


The author's comments:
This was published in a travel guide, Ghana Key. My father is from Ghana so I have visted the country many times. This article is what I saw with my own eyes on paper!