Advantages and Disadvantages of Advanced Technology | Teen Ink

Advantages and Disadvantages of Advanced Technology

Today, we can’t imagine ourselves without technological advances such as cars, microwaves, cell phones, computers, and televisions. However, technology won’t stop here, but develop further. As technology develops, there are not only advantages, but disadvantages from them. A few advantages of upgraded technology are that one can save time and money and life will be made easier as a result of not having to do all the hard labor. In contrast, the disadvantages of upgraded technology are that people will loose their jobs to machines that will do the work for them. In addition, machines and robots are too complex for most people to use.

I personally would want a developed world with advanced technologies. The following are the reasons why I do want a more advanced world with advanced technologies. My major reason is because when you have advanced technologies, life is much easier as robots and machines would take over your daily life chores. For example, daily life chores might be serving your breakfast, cutting your lawn, or cleaning your room. With robots and machines doing one’s chores one has time to relax. Another reason is because unlike humans, robots and machines do not make mistakes when programmed correctly. They always accomplish tasks perfectly so you won’t have to worry about making a mistake and getting trouble.

Other reasons why I want advanced technologies are because they save a great deal of time and money. For example, if you are a wealthy man who always had trouble employing talented maids, you can buy a cleaning robot and use it for the rest of your life. Therefore, you won’t have to use all your time employing talented maids. Also, you will save a lot of money from not having to pay servants. Another example of benefits from advanced technology is that if there are new, developed vehicles that will transport people to anywhere rapidly, so that one would not need to spend all those boring, long hours in an airplane to try to get to another country, which will save much time not only on long travels but also on daily commutes.

As there are so many advantages from highly developed technology, there also is a great deal of disadvantages from them. One disadvantage is that as technology develops, robots and machines will take over many jobs and people will loose their jobs by contrast. As people loose their jobs, they will have hard time getting money which would make it hard for them to continue to meet living expenses. Moreover, as people use less money the economy would be difficult to control and especially if it is a country as large as the United States, the problem will influence the world greatly.

Another disadvantage of highly developed technology is that machines and robots are complex. It is hard to activate all the machines you have unless you can multitask. Think about it, if most people have trouble on computers and almost all of us don’t know the actual limit of computers’ abilities, how will us, normal people, work with all the robots and machines? Moreover, just like computers, robots and machines will easily break and most time you won’t know how to fix them and one will have to call someone to fix them. People will loose their temper over this and it will create a large expense to repair them.

Even as there are as many advantages ad disadvantages of technology, I personally wish a more advanced world with great technologies. It would be so cool to work out all the complicated machines and robots. Don’t you think it will be awesome to press just a few complicated buttons than do the labor yourself? In the future it would be more about using your brain and being intelligent than doing the hard labor yourself. I hope these days come within my lifetime.

Flower said...
It's really nice essay.When I read this ,I really understand about Technology.

on Jul. 10 2016 at 9:37 am
NicoleGuingab,
Technology is really a blessing to us and we can't deny it.It helps us in many thing in our daily lives.It allows us to make works easier,be entertained,express ourselves and connect to others.We have fun doing and using those technology around us and it may be put on our "most useful things" in our life.But we can't also deny that it sometimes,it cost us bad things and we know what are those.Still,we can't say that technology is purely a blessing or purely not.Technology is everywhere and the decision to make them whether a good or a bad influence to us is in our hands.So we should choose and use it wisely.

on Jul. 10 2016 at 9:19 am
Technology is still a blessing to us even it has many disadvantages.We can't say that it is purely a blessing or purely not.It helps us in many things in our lives and sometimes cause us something that we don't like.But lets us explore the world and through technology we are able to do those things.Technology is everywhere.It's just "up to us" how and where we will use it.The decision to make is in our hands.

HazelRemulla said...
on Jun. 28 2016 at 10:27 am
HazelRemulla,
Technology is a blessing for man. With technology, there is a that we can do which we could not do then. With cell phones, webcam, you will be closer to someone miles and miles away. So far yet so close! That is your feeling when you talk through a cell phone to a beloved who is far away from home. Just think of many human lives saved because of speedy notifications via cell phones. Just think of how your teaching and learning have become more novel, stimulating, exciting, fresh and engaging with the use of multimedia in the classroom. With your t.v., you can watch events as they happen all over the globe. However, when not used properly, technology becomes a detriment to learning and development. It can destroy relationships. Think of the husband who is glued to t.v. unmindful of his wife seeking his attention. This may eventually erode marital relationship. Think of the student who surfs the internet for pornographic scenes. He will have trouble with his development. The abuse and misuse of the internet will have far reaching unfavorable effects on his moral life. The teacher who schedules class t.v. viewing for the whole hour to free herself from one-hour teaching and so can engage in "tsismis", likewise will not benefit from technology. Neither will her class truly benefit from the whole period of t.v. viewing.And sometimes, because of our cellphone, we spend most of our time in the classroom or in our workplace texting.

tech98 said...
on Jun. 28 2016 at 8:10 am
Yes. It's true that technology is very useful to us but not to the point of being dependent on it. It may help us make our work easier and more efficient but it will also make us lazy. We will never know the essence of hardwork and manpower because we think technology can do all the works.

Robert said...
on Mar. 16 2016 at 3:58 am
I went to school with Kaylie when I was in 7th grade (Providence K-8). Me and her dated for 4 months. We still talked a lot everyday. I was tried to talk to her the day she left us but as I found out I was 15 minutes to late... I beat myself up saying "things could've been different if I would have messaged her sooner"... She is in a better place making god laugh now. I miss her, but I will see her again one day. She was such a great, happy, beautiful person.

Mrs. Bush said...
on Feb. 26 2016 at 7:09 am
As soon as I got to the end of the first page, I couldn't put down this story! This story is a beautifully written masterpiece!

xtina BRONZE said...
xtina BRONZE, Bridgeport, Connecticut
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it

SamanthaL said...
on Jun. 17 2015 at 9:58 am
What a fantastic piece!! You are truly talented

on May. 15 2015 at 10:05 am
Technology can milk cows faster

akkkiiii said...
on Mar. 31 2015 at 10:47 am
Please correct the spellings of the post otherwise it is best post.

Padfoot said...
did you know there is a kind of punctuation called a period? It ends a sentence. It looks like this. ............

tvishi said...
on Oct. 26 2014 at 4:24 am
good

cena said...
I liked it

HYUNA said...
gOoD!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are willing to buy real estate, you would have to get the business loans. Moreover, my brother all the time takes a small business loan, which is really reliable.

WritingSpasms, Los Angeles, California

"Devils run when a good man goes to war."
- River Song from Doctor Who (Ep. A Good Man Goes to War)

Excellent writing. You gave wonderful reasons for both sides. As for my opinion, I would appreciate a more technologically advanced world. But I don't want us to end up to the point where we're like the human beings from Wall-E.

biga96 said...
biga96, Sanford, Florida
technology's good if it saves someone's life or something like that, but if it just does stuff that you need to do, just pushing the buttons will seem like a chore and we'll invite something to do that. I think we should just focus on military and medical technology stuff

Dreamboat said...
Dreamboat, Madison, Wisconsin

My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

I think that if robots became a viable way to acomplise daily tasks most of use would learn how to programm and fix them in schools. Just like today with how technology is becoming more o a thing in the schools so will advanced computer programming.

monster-man said...
on Feb. 3 2011 at 9:34 am
i honestly think that people can survive without all this technoligybut people just dont think so imean if you out to a camp then your likely to bring some kind of technoligy, and if you do ittl probably be your ipod or something and if you have app and stuff that you use all the time on it then all you will be doing is staying in your trailer or tent or something and not even go outside and that is not camping to me, and robots do ing all of our chores it sounds good and all but what if one of the robots go on a rambage cause of a virus and try to kill us