Honesty is the best virtue | Teen Ink

Honesty is the best virtue

By Buzzlive GOLD, New Delhi, Other
Buzzlive GOLD, New Delhi, Other

For nobody stand by you, when you need them. Everybody is there when they need you. You are clearly stronger than you think.

Thomas Jefferson had quite rightly quoted, “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. “ The official definition of honesty would be facet of moral character and connotes positive attributes such as straightforwardness and integrity. Furthermore, honesty reflects sincerity, fairness and loyalty. I believe that no one ‘ likes ’ to lie. But in certain inevitable situations that we all come across in our lives, hiding the truth is easier than facing it.
It is in these specific circumstances, that honesty is most respected and valued. Honesty is a choice. It is our conscious that guides us to make these decisions. It is better to offer no excuse than offer a bad one. Happiness must not be taken by deceit. Anything is better than lies and deceit! True, what you do and why you do are both quite different, however, as Mahatma Gandhi had said, “Truth never damages a cause that is just”.
Most people would rather deny a hard truth than face it. How long can one escape from what is wrong? How long can guilt torment? It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. That is how the world has been molded now. The vices, greed and selfishness has blinded our ability to lead a transparent, honest, happy life showing development and growth according to our abilities and not be supported by any vile cause.
There is no fear in an honest heart for fear feeds on the guilty. There is no need to be afraid of the future consequences when you have placed the truth. You shall get what you deserve.  Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth and nothing is better.
Lies may save you from the current situation, make the path look easier, but by no means will they prove to take you higher. They will be your downfall, and even your truth will be treated as equal to lies.
It takes strength and courage to admit the truth. Follow the path of honesty, and let it reward you. You cannot lie to your soul.